How's everyone enjoying their experience with Gain Grow Retain?

Options
Jeff Breunsbach
Jeff Breunsbach Member Posts: 266 Gain Grow Retain Staff
5 Insightfuls Photogenic First Anniversary GGR Blogger 2022
edited August 2023 in GGR Cafe
Good Morning - 

The content. The group. The site. 

Anything we can do to keep you folks here for years? Drop us a line below.

Comments

• Brian Hartley
    Brian Hartley Member Posts: 185 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hey Jeff - I enjoy the content and individuals I have exchanged notes with.  Overall it has been a good experience.

The only drawback, a byproduct of the forum's success, is the volume of posts and conversations (some of which are duplicates).  I need to dust off my search/filtering skills to ensure I am looking and contributing to the right topics!
  • Yanira "Janita" Sesniak
    Yanira "Janita" Sesniak Member Posts: 53 Expert
    edited October 2020
    Options

Happy Friday @Jeff Breunsbach!

I have only been to 1 full session of CS leadership hours and I LOVED hearing from other CS leaders as well as contributing to the conversation. It's my first CS community and I'm grateful to be a part of it. The timing of the session isn't ideal with my work schedule so you will see me hopping in and out until I can embed it into my morning. Currently, I'm still getting used to coming in here to add value to discussions. Will keep you posted on any feedback I come up with!

• Andrea Easton
    Andrea Easton Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    First Anniversary
    edited October 2020
    Options

Hi,

I've not been able to make it to leadership hours but I keep adding them to my calendar in hopes the scheduling will work one day soon.

The posts and conversations are very insightful and I look forward to spending more time in the community.

• Tyler Sellhorn
    Tyler Sellhorn Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Really grateful for the ways that GGR has "signaled" engagement with Customer Success best practices and learning and growing the function. I think leaning into connecting across the group is what I'm most interested in. For example, I'm posting here because Brian Hartley did and I noticed his name in the digest! Hi Brian!
  • Rosalyn Curato
    Rosalyn Curato Member Posts: 3 Navigator
    First Anniversary
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hi Jeff,

The community you've built here is great. It's a nice balance of asynchronous updates and weekly personal touchpoints. 

If you're asking how to increase engagement here, or help those of us who are passive participants, here are some thoughts:

(1) There are a lot of great ideas shared in both the weekly gatherings and on the forum. Having a monthly digest of popular content that goes beyond re-sharing a thread the way this site does, would be valuable

(2) You could build off of #1 and create a whitepaper, or some other thought leadership piece, to aid those look for peer-driven ideas

(3) I see a decent amount of turnover in the CS world. Perhaps creating a branch of the community to focus on job-seekers/job postings would help anyone in that position
  • Jeff Breunsbach
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Rosalyn, you hit the nail on the head. This is the type of feedback I was hoping for.
  • Jeff Breunsbach
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Thanks @Tyler Sellhorn - how can we get you in here engaging more?
  • Jeff Breunsbach
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Thanks @Brian Hartley - thank you for the point about volume of posts. Something for us to dig into - how can we make sure content is easily findable...potentially consolidating posts as well.
  • Jeff Breunsbach
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Thank you Yanira - good feedback about the timing, might have to adjust those. 

What's tripping you up as you come in to add value to discussions? Let me know what you find!
  • Jeff Breunsbach
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Thanks @Andrea Easton - what else would you expect or hope for from a community like ours?
  • Shari Srebnick
    Shari Srebnick Member Posts: 111 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hey Jeff - 

I'll second what Rosalyn said.  I've admittedly been less engaged over the last month or so, mainly because of competing priorities.  2021 planning will be the death of me, I know it.

That said, having a monthly digest or that whitepaper would be incredibly valuable, especially if we've missed these discussions or even the weekly GGR.  It would be great to have "reference" material.

I hope that helps.
  • Antti
    Antti Member Posts: 5 Seeker
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Maybe close some discussions automatically after conversation dies out and move it to knowledge library???
  • Chris Guzek
    Chris Guzek Member Posts: 19 Thought Leader
    First Anniversary
    edited October 2020
    Options

Jeff,
    I agree with everyones comments. The challenge is finding the time to both consume and collaborate on a constant basis. The digests have been great and I need to just follow some threads to stay engaged. 
    I also think if this isn't already here, maybe a component for new to the space a thread, or space to get direct mentors via the community. For someone who has bene doing this for three years now I still have a lot to learn from the tactical to the strategic. Even as it relates to what career paths may look like for mid level individuals like myself, resume insights, etc. 
    Overall this has been an amazing resource for me and subsequently my team and I just want to make sure I can give back to the community as much as it has given to me. 
    Thanks,

Chris

• Natalia Chaudhry
    Natalia Chaudhry Member Posts: 3 Navigator
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Good Morning,

I just joined Gain Grow Retain a couple days back and yesterday was my first time attending CSM Office Hours and I have to say it was an amazing experience. Everyone was so welcoming and it was great to get different perspectives and ask questions. We truly have a close knit community and I am glad to be a part of it. 

This is such a great way of networking for both people who are currently in CS roles and even for people like me who are looking for their next role.

I still have to look further into what GGR has to offer but I am sure that will come with time. If anyone has recommendations please share.

Natalia Chaudhry
  • Jodi Nicolli
    Jodi Nicolli Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    First Anniversary
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hi Jeff,

Bummed to say that I have not attended office hours yet due to conflicting priorities and meetings. But, it's on my calendar and I'd really love to make this a priority. One thought is to include the weekly topic on the reminder, I find myself looking for that each week on the reminders and seem to deprioritize at that time. Excited to hop on a call soon. Also, perhaps I'm alone on this but, I sometimes fade out in the depth of the threads. Maybe a bulleted quick summary with links would help. 

Thanks,
    Jodi
  • Andreas Knoefel
    Andreas Knoefel Member Posts: 74 Expert
    First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Options

I love it!:
    1) a great network of peers and mentors
    2) relevant content and discussions worth listening to
    3) a great community platform (now) 

#GGRrocks 
  • James Stuart
    James Stuart Member Posts: 27 Expert
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hey @Jeff Breunsbach

I can concur with @Brian Hartley. The content and the community is fantastic. One suggestion is we could look at how we group posts for easy navigation. Maybe we could set up "areas" to post e.g. "Success plans" or "Reporting" This would allow a more target area for discussion.

Overall- Fantastic, 

Thanks
    James
  • Miko Hinojosa
    Miko Hinojosa Member Posts: 6 Seeker
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hi Jeff!

Once again thanks for the invitation to join the GGR Community. For me it's been great to have the chance to read about relevant / trendy information for all things related to CS. There are plenty of good sources to keep ourselves up to date, but learning and reading from you and others about what really is happening in the frontlines - then you know there's more to learn outside from books!

What I would LOVE to see at some point here in GGR:

Have / See / Engage with members from the LATAM region. I'm based in Mexico, and the CS practice is still somewhat new. I'd love to have the chance to engage with other LATAM members to discuss the following:

Pricing in LATAM
    How to approach customers in our region that are very sensitive to exchange currency fluctuations.
    Renewals, upsells, downgrades, churn: What strategies, tactics come to mind when dealing with customers in this region. 

Localization of services in LATAM
    How to tackle adoption barriers when your customers don't speak english
    Which plays are the most used from their playbooks when dealing with multicultural customers across the region.

Business etiquette in LATAM
    What works best / what doesn't when building relationships in XYZ country in the region

At some point even - having CSM Office Hours / CS Leadership Office Hours in Spanish / Portuguese? 

Keep up the good work!

------------------------------
    Miko Hinojosa
    CSM LATAM
    Zinier
    ------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 10-02-2020 08:37
    Subject: How's everyone enjoying their experience with Gain Grow Retain?

Good Morning - 

The content. The group. The site. 

Anything we can do to keep you folks here for years? Drop us a line below.
  • Marcus Sparks
    Marcus Sparks Member Posts: 11 Contributor
    GGR Blogger 2021
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hi Jeff - highly valuable content and conversations. It really comes down to effectively managing the abundance of engagement opportunities via GGR and other forums...including other forums/communities dedicated to other areas of interest. With GGR specifically, you are doing a bang-up job of hitting on the right topics and I always have take-aways from office hours sessions. And guess what? Blocking time to consider a different approach or a new idea, e.g. Customer Communications Clearinghouse takes me away from active participation for a few weeks. But I will ultimately return with ideas/feedback to share!
  • Stacie Ward
    Stacie Ward Member Posts: 10 Contributor
    edited October 2020
    Options

Hey Jeff - 
    The experience thus far has been excellent.  I agree with some others, that it would be ideal to close discussions after they are finished and to have a way to search content.

What would be helpful is a job seeker/hiring segment to make connections.  I've been fortunate to have found a  new CSM through GGR! 

There are also folks who want to get into CSM roles but aren't sure where to start.  They are moving from sales or perhaps technical support roles.  Resources or a community for those people might help grow the community and help them find CS roles. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.