Manager, Customer Success | NYC | Kustomer
Manager, Customer Success (NYC)at Kustomer
Apply for this job
Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
Manager, Customer Success
At Kustomer, we take our clients' experiences seriously. Our Customer Success team is on a mission to be industry leaders in providing an overall experience that delights our clients and ensures they achieve value from our platform. From the moment our Implementations team onboards our clients to our platform, our Customer Success team takes the lead in engaging our customers to ensure positive outcomes using Kustomer. The Customer Success team is responsible for product adoption, customer satisfaction, the customer relationship, renewals, and growth across our existing customer base.
You'll be responsible for:
- Managing a team of Customer Success Managers and measured on customer satisfaction, adoption, expansion, and ultimately; retention.
- Hiring, mentoring, and coaching the team.
- Manage the day-to-day operations, goal setting, performance management, and growth of the team
- Directing the team to deliver on the customers' business outcomes, and increase product adoption, expansion opportunities, customer loyalty and retention
- Expanding our list of referenceable customers
- Owning the renewal process for the team
- Contributing to our client-facing Success processes, policies, playbooks, and values so as to deeply integrate Kustomer into our clients' everyday work lives
- Documenting internal processes to create a scalable infrastructure for our Success team and to create a smoother overall customer experience.
- Influencing the direction of the Kustomer platform, creating an efficient channel for funneling customer feedback into the Product organization while empowering the team to find solutions that meet and exceed of customers' expectations
- Acting as an advocate for our customers and empowering your team to do the same.
- Handling customer escalations from your team and helping to bring them to a successful conclusion.
- Serving as a liaison between the Customer Success team and the rest of the organization
- Managing a few key customer accounts
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- Strong leadership skills with the motivation to inspire both our clients and your teammates
- Proven experience in managing the renewal process and very strong negotiation skills.
- Highly organized - a project management background is a plus
- Process improvement experience
- Ability to understand the features and use cases of the Kustomer platform
- Empathy for who you work with; you identify with their challenges and your desire to delight shines through in your communications
- 4+ years of customer success or account management with a technical (SaaS) product
- 2-5 years experience managing a team of Customer Success Managers for a SaaS company
- The capacity for creative problem solving
- Customer-centric and have a customer-first mindset and approach to all interactions both internal and external
- Experience with advocating for your customers' needs within an organization and driving to solutions
- Ability to use data and statistics to identify patterns and generate recommendations for process/product improvements
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, and a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Apply for this job
- All Categories
- 133 GGR Cafe
- 172 CS Conversations
- 960 CS Operations Conversations
- CS Org Conversations
- 205 CS Technology
- 648 Customer Journey
- 274 Digital CS (Engagement Programs)
- 32 Industry Insights
- 90 Metrics & Analytics
- 17 Value Realization
- 191 Strategy & Planning
- 15 Future Customer Success Professionals
- 7 Supporters of Gain Grow Retain
- 1 Gain Supporters
- 2 Higher Logic Vanilla
- 1 Totango
- 2 Grow Supporters
- 2 Catalyst
- 1 ChurnZero
- 4 Retain Supporters
- 1 Northpass
- Interested in Supporting Gain Grow Retain?
- Contact Us
- 18 Welcome to the Community
- 157 Job Board
- 173 Customer Success Leadership Community