Account Manager | USA - Remote | Column
JOB TITLE: Account Manager
LOCATION: Remote, USA
Column is looking to hire a full-time Account Manager to join our Growth & Partnerships team. The Account Manager will report directly to our Head of Customer Experience and should be jazzed about being one of the earliest sales hires at a high-growth, early stage startup. As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for leading product demonstrations, securing buy-in, closing business, and meeting account growth targets.
What You'll Do
- First Week: You will learn about Column's mission and vision, seek to understand our existing sales and account growth process, and begin meeting other folks on the team. We're a small company that's growing quickly, so interpersonal rapport is essential.
- First Month: You will learn and practice giving a skilled demonstration of Column's public notice product for publishers. You will begin to partner with Business Development Representatives and Account Managers on existing accounts. You will work to manage multiple stakeholders to close, configure, and implement deals with publishers to grow our total gross transaction volume.
- First Six Months: You will meet or exceed activity targets for number of new deals configured, implemented, and won (when the publisher processes their first public notice through our platform). You will also takeover and work to grow an existing set of accounts by expanding to affiliate newspapers and increasing the % of public notices they run through Column.
- First Year: You will be an impactful founding member of a sales team at a rapidly growing tech start-up that believes we have the potential to be a once in a generation company.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You're looking for a remote-first role working with wildly talented people who care about their impact on local communities
- You're a successful account manager - previous titles might include Account Executive, Account Manager, Business Development Manager, and/or Customer Success Manager - who is comfortable leading client-facing demonstrations and/or post-sales trainings
- You have experience owning a new logo or expansion revenue target and a track record of meeting or exceeding quota in an e-commerce, marketplace, or SaaS sales environment
- You have experience with a sales or post-sales motion with some or all of the following characteristics: 20-30% close rate, 30-90 day time-to-close, $2-12M expected first-year gross transaction volume (GTV) or $5-50k average sales price (ASP)
- You are an optimistic person who is committed to overcoming challenges to make positive contributions to their customers' lives
- You have a strong desire to exemplify our operating principles - be worthy of trust, do the hard work, never stop learning, intentionally build community, and tell a better story
- You have grit and really want to work with us - if you do not resemble our ideal candidate, tell us why you'd still be a great fit for this role in an optional cover letter
Compensation and Benefits
Column is built on the belief that important information should be accessible to the public. As such, we work hard to model this behavior for potential Columnists by including our base compensation in all job descriptions and making our full benefits accessible online.
- Base salary of $84,000 per year, plus a meaningful equity stake, 401k plan with 5% match, and on-target bonuses
- Healthcare, vision, & dental coverage for you and your dependents
- Unlimited (and encouraged) paid time off and 16-weeks paid parental leave
- Multiple stipends for you to invest in a home office setup and pursue wellness activities that make you feel healthy and whole
JOB RELATIONSHIP TO YOU:
I'm Oliver, the Technical Talent Sourcer at Column.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US:
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Column is the first collaborative public notice platform helping publishers, governments and legal services work together to inform their communities. We are a remote-first public benefit corporation with an in-person headquarters in Miami, FL.
To us, people are everything. Our current Columnists are wildly talented people from around the globe. We support and challenge each other. We address real problems that people face in their communities. We believe that we have the potential to be a generational company that will change the world as we know it. Will you join us?
JOB LINK: Apply here
TAGS: #AccountManager #CSM #remote #equity #healthcare #dental #vision
- All Categories
- 133 GGR Cafe
- 172 CS Conversations
- 960 CS Operations Conversations
- CS Org Conversations
- 205 CS Technology
- 648 Customer Journey
- 274 Digital CS (Engagement Programs)
- 32 Industry Insights
- 90 Metrics & Analytics
- 17 Value Realization
- 191 Strategy & Planning
- 15 Future Customer Success Professionals
- 7 Supporters of Gain Grow Retain
- 1 Gain Supporters
- 2 Higher Logic Vanilla
- 1 Totango
- 2 Grow Supporters
- 2 Catalyst
- 1 ChurnZero
- 4 Retain Supporters
- 1 Northpass
- Interested in Supporting Gain Grow Retain?
- Contact Us
- 18 Welcome to the Community
- 157 Job Board
- 173 Customer Success Leadership Community