CSM | US REMOTE | SMA Technologies
Role: Customer Success Manager
Location: US Remote
Mission - Why We Need You
SMA Technologies was founded in 1980 and exists to give people their time back. We provide software and services to automate IT processes. With a focus on Domain Expertise, Great Customer Care, and Reliability, our global operation has offices worldwide, and works with multiple channel partners and an international client base. With a fresh investment from ParkerGale Capital, we are looking forward to Preparing to Launch into our next phase of growth.
Reporting to our VP of Customer Success, SMA CSM's are the engine that drives revenue by managing all satisfaction, retention, and revenue expansion activities with our existing customers. The Customer Success Manager is responsible for day-to-day management of a defined book of accounts, including new customer onboarding and feature adoption, contract expansions and renewal negotiations.
The ideal candidate is an expert at developing relationships to understand customer needs, setting mutual action plans and delivering on project goals. They are confident and excited about holding a quota carrying role and have a proven track record of exceeding revenue growth in a fast-paced environment.
Objectives - The Problems You'll Solve
A Successful CSM at SMA Technologies:
- Understands client goals and what success looks like for each client within their portfolio, manages complex relationships to ensure ROI is attained, and creates enthusiastic promoters for SMA and OpCon
- Proactively identifies risk and opportunities within each account: creating, iterating and executing on action plans to minimize churn and increase ARR
- Aligns client challenges with the appropriate SMA solutions and managed services, taking ownership of the sales cycle and regularly achieving and exceeding quotas
Competencies - What we're looking for
- Sales and Customer-First Mindset Make no mistake about it, this customer-facing role will be responsible for a large percentage of our revenue base. You need to think like an expert salesperson while driving value for our customers. We'll expect you to quickly ramp up and become a go-to resource on:
- Our product, the pain it solves for our customers, and how were different than our competitors
- How to tailor your messaging to fit different personas and customer mindsets
- The state of our existing customer opportunities renewals, upsells, and cross-sells
- How to identify customers in our winning zone and quickly disqualify those that aren't
- Strong CRM and Forecasting Discipline You understand and respect the link between documenting your activity and the ability to analyze and forecast your book of business. Your CRM data reflects your activity and allows you to produce an accurate forecast on-demand.
- Presentation, communication, and relationship-building skills Introverted or extroverted, we can trust you to tell the SMA story, understand our clients business and pain points, and create compelling matches between their needs and our products. You can quickly build rapport, trust, and credibility with new prospects
- Speed and Organization You are constantly on the hunt for opportunities to streamline, standardize, and coach people on the step-by-step process that works. But you also know that simply writing down a new process doesn't do much. You're comfortable rolling up your sleeves and inspecting and correcting with everyone on your team so they know how to do things better next time.
- A great teammate You know you cant do it by yourself. You'll be an important conduit for feedback from our customers, and you can show us that you can not only listen to that feedback, but proactively share it with the other leaders on our team so we can build better products and sell + market them more effectively. You also lean in to help whenever you can sales, marketing, product. You're there to make the whole team better.
- Accountable - You do what you say you will and aren't afraid to own your mistakes. You take the lead but are willing to ask for help. You aren't afraid to commit to deadlines and will go the extra mile to make sure you deliver on what you've signed up for.
- Resilient Driving the growth for a fast-moving technology company is not without its ups and downs. You can tell stories about times when you've weathered tough times and disappointment and picked yourself up again.
How You'll Get There
In your first 30 days, onboard, get up to speed, and complete our sales training program to demonstrate your knowledge of our product, customers, and the pain we help solve
- Connect with members of our Sales, Marketing, Product, and Technology teams to understand our offerings and why our customers value them
- Learn our sales process, methodology and forecasting guidelines
- Get acquainted with our messaging and competitive positioning, including listening to call recordings, riding along with other SEs and leading mock calls
- Ramp up on our CRM, meeting cadence, and sales methodology; begin account planning and forecast/pipeline reporting
In your first 90 days, begin working with your book of accounts to develop relationships, provide retention/growth forecasts, and seek opportunities to provide additional value
- Understand SMAs product offerings and competitive landscape; strive to know the business problems we solve to exceed customer expectations
- Gain awareness on your book of business and begin conducting outreach to establish relationships with customers
- Begin to develop a forward-looking revenue forecast with weekly reporting on your quarterly pipeline
- Implement our processes for QBRs and On-Time Renewals (presentation, proposal development, negotiation and closing)
In your first 6 months, take ownership of your book of accounts and implement a proactive account management approach to delight customers and exceed annual revenue goals.
- Build strong relationships with customers to expand their usage of automation and protect the company from competitive threats
- Analyze performance metrics in your individual Success Dashboard to monitor customer health, drive expanded use of automation, increase opportunity momentum, and proactively prevent churn
- Partner with our Consulting team to scope/deliver services related to customer needs
- Serve as liaison between the customer and Product/Marketing by submitting product feedback and making introductions for Voice of Customer stories
Within 9 months, fully ramp + regularly achieve/exceed your retention/growth quota and help us continue to build a high-performing sales team inside of SMA
- Display mastery of our sales process and methodology, including a high accuracy quarterly forecast
- Review personal call recordings to streamline messaging and improve sales positioning
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our team and playbook
- Attend user group meetings, tradeshows and deliver presentations of the company and products at conferences, customer sites and exhibitions
How We Work - Our Core Values
Eager to Win - Our passion comes from a deep caring for the success of our employees, clients, and partners both personally and professionally. Every employee is expected to "own it" by taking the lead and seeing initiatives through from start to finish.
Collaborative We win when we work as a team. SMAs best people approach their work with a spirit of helpfulness and inclusion. We seek out opportunities to team with each other, leverage each others expertise and lend a hand whenever we can.
Tenacious - We are scrappy, determined, resourceful, and relentless in our approach to serve our clients and partners. We are willing to fight for what is right and are proactive in seeking solutions. We are tenacious and will not quit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and apply, visit: smatechnologies.com/careers
- All Categories
- 133 GGR Cafe
- 172 CS Conversations
- 960 CS Operations Conversations
- CS Org Conversations
- 205 CS Technology
- 648 Customer Journey
- 274 Digital CS (Engagement Programs)
- 32 Industry Insights
- 90 Metrics & Analytics
- 17 Value Realization
- 191 Strategy & Planning
- 15 Future Customer Success Professionals
- 7 Supporters of Gain Grow Retain
- 1 Gain Supporters
- 2 Higher Logic Vanilla
- 1 Totango
- 2 Grow Supporters
- 2 Catalyst
- 1 ChurnZero
- 4 Retain Supporters
- 1 Northpass
- Interested in Supporting Gain Grow Retain?
- Contact Us
- 18 Welcome to the Community
- 157 Job Board
- 173 Customer Success Leadership Community