New role for me.

Options
Khooker
Khooker Member Posts: 2 Navigator
Name Dropper First Comment

I am in a new role of Customer Success Coordinator to provide support and strategy to the team. What kind of help in your CS roles would you like more support in? Things I can do to get trust from the team as we move in this new direction. Thank you

Comments

• Jeff Breunsbach
    Jeff Breunsbach Member Posts: 266 Gain Grow Retain Staff
    5 Insightfuls Photogenic First Anniversary GGR Blogger 2022
    Options

Here are a few that come to mind:

• Data - I need access to data to have meaningful conversations with my customers
    • Playbooks - give me the guard-rails to know what we should be doing with each customer at a given time
    • Situation training - help me role play in certain scenarios and give me some guides on how I can direct the conversation

Biggest thing is to go ask your CSMs directly. Schedule 1v1s and see where they have needs.

• William Buckingham
    William Buckingham Member Posts: 39 Expert
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

@Khooker What specific activities, outcomes, goals, and metrics are you supposed to help the CSM team achieve? Understanding your role and team a bit better will help us support your question here.

There's loads of ways to support a CS team, but best to do so in the ways which enable and achieve the reaching of your team's primary objectives.

Will Buckingham

Customer Success Operations Manager, Enablement

www.CustomerSuccessEnablement.com

• Khooker
    Khooker Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    Options

@William Buckingham My role is to help them with generating revenue and ways to give time back to them to focus on customers. This group is established and the company is changing quite a lot of things and the team is adjusting.

• donnamac
    donnamac Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    Options

@Khooker - creating documented processes, ways of working and playbooks (streamlining existing as well) to help standardize everyday "tasks" could be helpful in allowing them time to focus on more strategic priorities with customers. Developing objection handlers for common push back when generating sales leads may be useful too.