Using video in your Follow-up emails

Bayron Toruno S.
Bayron Toruno S. Member Posts: 20 Navigator
First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
Hello Community,

Happy end of the year :)

I'm trying to come up with innovative ways to catch the attention of our potential customers. If they have a specific amount of users we will Follow up with them via. I was thinking of adding a 30-second video to the email but I'm having problems finding the right app that adds the video and reproduces it right away once the email is opened. 

Is anyone going through the same challenge? I'm open to hearing other ideas as well!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Heather Wendt
    Heather Wendt HLAdmin, Member Posts: 279 Gain Grow Retain Staff
    5 Likes First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Photogenic
    Hi @Bayron Toruno S., in my days as part of a Communications team, this was something we wrestled with as well. We were never able to get it to work, but I did find this article that includes some embed codes that are supposed to make it possible to add videos. I also know that some enterprise email services include this feature on their platform. 

Would love to know if anyone has had any success with adding video, as this would be a tremendous value-add :)!
  • Brian O'Keeffe
    Brian O'Keeffe Member Posts: 197 Expert
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Comment
    I see that is a feature coming to Totango and am intrigued and plan to test it out. 
  • EvaS
    EvaS Member Posts: 18 Navigator
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    We use Vidyard. You can embed the link with a thumbnail.
  • simonbigbutton
    simonbigbutton Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    Photogenic First Comment

It's best to create an intriguing thumbnail with a play icon and embed that in your email. A hyperlink will take people out to your video on your site. That approach has been proven to improve CTR and even open rates.

https://www.everpost.com/blog/email-marketing-with-videos-increase-ctr/

There are plenty of EVPs (Enterprise Video Platforms) to choose from that will help host content on your site in a secure and ad-free environment (TwentyThree, VidYard etc.)

• Charlotte Naylor
    Charlotte Naylor Member Posts: 5 Navigator
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment

We use Loom and either link or embed the thumbnail.

• Jeffrey Kushmerek
    Jeffrey Kushmerek Member Posts: 96 Expert
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Name Dropper

I use Loom HEAVILY and have great open rates

• Elizabeth Italiano
    Elizabeth Italiano Member Posts: 11 Navigator
    First Comment 5 Insightfuls Name Dropper Photogenic

I've used Vidyard, Loom and BombBomb. All great options and I am a big fan of leveraging video.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.