Proactive Customer Success Management - What are your current methods?

shaneketterman
shaneketterman Member Posts: 13 Navigator
First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
edited January 2023 in GGR Cafe
Don't even ask why I keep making frameworks but I sure do love it. Actually, I know why I do. I'm a visual, list type of guy.

Over the holidays I crafted this because I'm applying for a CSM role where they want to focus more on proactive approaches and I thought that if they do hire me (fingers crossed) then I would have a good start on day 1  :)

This goes through the "typical" customer lifecyle and identifies proactive activities that could be implemented. It's definitely not linear as it would appear, but, I wanted to try and capture to the best of my knowledge how to be more proactive.

I'd love to know how others are approaching being proactive!

Comments

• Bodin Pollard
    Bodin Pollard Member Posts: 7 Navigator
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    Super comprehensive @shaneketterman - great work on this. 👏🏼
  • shaneketterman
    Thanks @Bodin Pollard I appreciate it!
  • tejash_24
    tejash_24 Member Posts: 23 Navigator
    5 Likes First Comment 5 Insightfuls Name Dropper

Hey Shaneketterman,

I just wanted to reach out and thank you for writing such an excellent blog on proactive customer success management. Your insights and tips were incredibly helpful and provided a new perspective on how to approach customer success.

Your thoughtfulness and expertise really shone through in your writing, and I feel grateful to have come across your thoughts.

Again, thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and expertise. Your work is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely, 

Tejash Mehta

• shaneketterman
    You are more than welcome Tejash. It's a topic I'm really passionate about because of the huge impact it can have on the customer, and your own team. I am sure that this can be improved even more but I tried to at least take a start at putting it into a visual form! @tejash_24
  • David Kroeber
    David Kroeber Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Outstanding visual Shane!  I love how you map the activities by customer lifecycle stage.  Thanks for posting for the group...
  • amanda_cumbie
    amanda_cumbie Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Name Dropper First Comment
    This is awesome, @shaneketterman! Is there any chance you would provide this in a file so we can see the finer details?

• shaneketterman
    Thank you so much @amanda_cumbie I really appreciate it and I sure do have a file. I'm attaching a PDF version!
  • amanda_cumbie
    amanda_cumbie Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Name Dropper First Comment
    This is awesome, @shaneketterman! Is there any chance you would provide this in a file so we can see the finer details?

• dianej27
    dianej27 Member Posts: 7 Navigator
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper
    @shaneketterman this is awesome! I hope you shared it with your interviewer and go the job!
  • Shaun Porcar
    Shaun Porcar Member, CS Leader Posts: 18 Thought Leader
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment

As a fellow 'visual' I appreciate your approach. Thanks for sharing!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.