AI Advances & Customer Success

kmulhalljr
kmulhalljr Member Posts: 40 Navigator
5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper 2023 Success Network - Supporter
Someone recently asked me: What are some examples of how GPT-3 can benefit customer success managers? To which I replied:

'GPT-3 can be used in a variety of ways, from generating text for blog posts and social media posts to creating personalized emails and sales pitches. It can also be used to generate text for internal communications and training materials. GPT-3 can also be used to generate content for a variety of channels, including social media, email, and blog posts. It can be used to create content for your blog or social media channels, which can help you to reach a wider audience and increase engagement'.

Pretty solid overview, right? Well, that wasn't my answer actually...it was Alpa's - a free, unlimited OPT-175B text generator (an alternative to the widely popular ChatGPT, which btw I've recently found to be constantly overwhelmed by queries and the service totally unavailable).

The question I have surrounding this amazing technology is twofold: what role can it play now for Customer Success & where do I see value for it in the future? In the here and now I see it playing a powerful role in the deployment of Chatbots. As of this post I'm working on building one in both Microsoft PowerApps & Power Virtual Agents (Teams). The idea of being able to do things like comb through both SharePoint & OneDrive (and even possibly my devices HD) to search for a customer document I misplaced or find the last time I spoke with someone about a project sounds game changing. As for where do I see it in the future? I see it potentially being able to take over a third to a half of the processes we do now. From email cadences to basic troubleshooting with billing or even product issues AI will be able to do a ton of the boring and repetitive tasks that bog us down. Or even possibly the heavy lifting and research associated with resolving technical issues. 

What are your thoughts? Is this all decades away or is the future here now?

Tagged:

Comments

• Brian O'Keeffe
    Brian O'Keeffe Member Posts: 197 Expert
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Comment
    I am testing it for the first time and it is amazing. 
  • Brian Hansen
    Brian Hansen Member Posts: 75 Expert
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary Name Dropper
    There are big things coming with this type of technology, which should free humans up to have more human-level interactions. In the CS world, that means talking about value and outcomes. Like any similar tech, much of the output will rely on the quality and volume of input. 
  • Ed Powers
    Ed Powers Member Posts: 177 Expert
    Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary 5 Likes
    This new tech offers some amazing benefits, but I haven't seen any credible, quantitative evidence pertaining to statement accuracy. In my view, we must consider both the upside and the downside. What's the risk if it provides the wrong information? Does the impact vary by type of account? Is there a way to limit our risks?

We must keep in mind that computers can't think for us--they don't understand meaning, and perhaps never will. The algorithms aim to give answers that are most likely correct, meaning it favors regression to the mean and it doesn't discriminate corner cases. Unlike computers, our brains come equipped with an error detector, a region called the Anterior Cingulate Cortex (ACC), which handles exceptions very effectively. It took million of years of evolution to develop, and until AI offers such a feature, we must keep an eye on it!

• kmulhalljr
    An excellent point @Ed Powers - I had this discussion with an engineer at Neural Link a few months ago after their last live event. I personally think we'll be able to tap into nuclear fusion before areas such as the ACC are successfully mapped from an algorithmic standpoint 
  • Børge Solberg
    Børge Solberg Member Posts: 9 Seeker
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    It might seem cold hearted, but I've been using ChatGPT to save time as a manager as well. Like writing a letter of recommendation. You know the traits you want to highlight, but forming it to a great letter of recommendation can be tough sometimes. Here's an example of how it could be used. I would probably chat some more to make it more personal, but the flow and wording is much better then i would do.

• kmulhalljr
    I don't think it's cold hearted, in fact as someone that tries to be conscious of my word count having the ability to either have the process taken over or at least to provide structure for what I'm trying to communicate is hugely beneficial. I also see this as a huge W for neurodivergent individuals that struggle with articulating emotions.