Curious about what should be included in a playbook, and ideas on where to begin creating them. #st

Options
Jennifer Dole
Jennifer Dole Member Posts: 8 Contributor
First Comment
edited July 2020 in Strategy & Planning

Tagged:

Comments

• Jay Nathan
    Jay Nathan Member Posts: 108 Expert
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes
    edited May 2020
    Options

We include the following: 

• process overview - short doc outlining the purpose, overview, tasks, and key responsibilities
    • guides - how the responsible role should execute the play
    • Supporting content - tools used in executing the playbook, e.g. an EBR template for a business review playbook
    • KPIs - how will we measure this process across the team?
    • enablement guide - training materials on how to run the play
    • system requirements - how will this process be deployed and managed in our CRM or CS platform. 

Last point is important. If the playbook isn’t managed and measured in a system its not really a process. 

• Marijn Verdult
    Marijn Verdult Member Posts: 33 Thought Leader
    First Comment
    edited May 2020
    Options

I think it really depends what type of playbooks you mean. Currently, we have playbooks which are 

• Manuals: how to set-up a new customer from the back-end
    • Playbooks for meetings/calls such as an Orchestrations Meetings: sort of a call template including 5 questions that you should be able to answer after the call, and a custom bingo
    • Playbooks for "scenarios" like a Champion leaving or a low adoption
  • Andreas Knoefel
    Andreas Knoefel Member Posts: 74 Expert
    First Comment
    edited May 2020
    Options

Great comment, @Jay Nathan I add the connection to other playbooks for planned stages of the customer journey (i.e implement ==> onboard ==> adopt), and triggers for event-based playbooks (sponsor loss, Health Score drop)