Any Customer Success Marketeers around?

Options
Matt Myszkowski
Matt Myszkowski Member Posts: 143 Expert
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited August 2023 in CS Conversations

Good afternoon everyone - I am after a favour. Is there either anyone in the community or who knows someone in a Customer Success Marketing & Brand role? I have someone (a superstar CSM) who we are building a role for in CS Marketing and I want to connect her with someone dedicated in this role providing a variety of content to customers and internal stakeholder? 

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Ronald Krisak
    Ronald Krisak Member Posts: 48 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Matt Myszkowski  hey Matt, can you tell me a bit more about the role/responsibilities of a CS Marketing position?  Does this person span across all of CS?  One of the things we try to do within Customer Success is capture all the new & pertinent use cases that are coming out of our discussions with our customers.  We then feed those use cases to our sales team to use for new engagements, as well as try to socialize those new use cases to our current customer set through our normal CS cadences and/or a showcase event.  Are these some of the things your CS Marketing person does?

• Elizabeth Bukys
    Elizabeth Bukys Member Posts: 13 Contributor
    edited July 2020
    Options

Seconding @Ronald Krisak's question--we don't have someone under Success doing what you're describing, but we work pretty closely with our Marketing team where we have a dedicated content marketer doing all of this in conjunction with our Success side

• Matt Myszkowski
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hi both, thank you for your response.

Generally our marketing team is traditional top of funnel marketing supporting new business growth, not account based marketing focusing on advocacy, expansion and brand.

@Ronald Krisak Some of what you talk about would in my eyes be under the remit of my CS Marketeer.

@Elizabeth Bukys Your dedicated marketeer aligned to success sounds similar to what I want, but reporting into the CS org, not into marketing who then report into sales.

• Philippe Mesritz
    Philippe Mesritz Member Posts: 3 Navigator
    edited July 2020
    Options

There's actually an umber of discussions that I've seen lately on this exact topic.  There's an argument to be had that Marketing = Prospects, Customer Org = Customers and therefore someone that's paying attention to the customer should live in the Customer Org.  It's a process we're looking at irght now ourselves, honestly, in order to figure out how we can tell the story more effectively.  

The way I've been describing it lately is that Marketing is the vision -- the why someone would buy your products, the get people excited about the products, the market vision of what the new functionality/feature/capabilities/etc is for.  Customer (whatever it's called -- marketeer, experience, engagement, adoption are all things I've heard bandied about) is the execution - the HOW someone would use your products to execute on the vision that they were sold, the make a customer better at their job (ideally with your product), and the how someone makes the dream become reality.

• Kristi Faltorusso
    Kristi Faltorusso Member Posts: 45 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited July 2020
    Options

I have a Customer Marketing and Operations Manager on my team. She is new to the role (4 months) but she is doing a great job running our programs and efforts.

• Matt Myszkowski
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hey @Kristi Faltorusso

Sorry for the delay in responding - i missed this.

Do you have JD you are willing to share with me, or at least send me the marketing responsibilities?
  • Kristi Faltorusso
    Kristi Faltorusso Member Posts: 45 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @Matt Myszkowski Email me and I will will share it with you - kristi.faltorusso@intellishift.com  
  • Nicholas Ayala
    Nicholas Ayala Member Posts: 13 Contributor
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Matt, 

Have you looked into the Revenue Operations model? It creates a new Operations team that works as the hub for Customer Success, Marketing, and Sales to keep the teams unified. It's helpful for ABM as well. 

Reference: https://getfunnelcake.com/revops-framework