Risky account meetings

Options
Phil Weiss
Phil Weiss Member Posts: 3 Navigator
Office Hours Host 2022
edited July 2020 in Value Realization

Hi CS friends! Does anyone's company have a cross-functional "risky customer" review/meeting in place? 

For those who do, how is it structured? Who owns it? Which executives are involved? What are any key learnings or takeaways in terms of rolling this process out? 

Thanks!

Comments

• Jeff Breunsbach
    Jeff Breunsbach Member Posts: 266 Gain Grow Retain Staff
    5 Insightfuls Photogenic First Anniversary GGR Blogger 2022
    edited May 2020
    Options

@Ben Bunting tagging you as you may have some insights to provide here. @Sara Bochino you too!

• Kevin Mitchell Leonor
    Kevin Mitchell Leonor Member Posts: 248 Expert
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited May 2020
    Options

So we dont have a cross functional on a contributor level. We have our own risky accounts meeting with upper management, then upper management presents common problems in a cross functional meeting. i find that this has been effective and cuts down on the amount of meetings ICs have to attend.

love to know others thoughts on how effective that is.

• Scott Smith
    Scott Smith Member Posts: 15 Thought Leader
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited May 2020
    Options

@Kevin Mitchell Leonor @Phil Weiss This is very similar to the process we currently have...

• Phil Weiss
    Phil Weiss Member Posts: 3 Navigator
    Office Hours Host 2022
    edited May 2020
    Options

Thanks, @Kevin Mitchell Leonor @Scott Smith ! Love the idea of limiting number of IC meetings. 

Is that a cross-functional meeting strictly focused on risky accounts? How often do you hold it? Which upper management functions do you have in the room?

• Kevin Mitchell Leonor
    Kevin Mitchell Leonor Member Posts: 248 Expert
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited May 2020
    Options

yes. it is our path to green call and we hold it weekly. We have our directors and our VP in the room.

• Sheryl Hawk
    Sheryl Hawk Member Posts: 12 Contributor
    First Anniversary
    edited May 2020
    Options

At my previous companies I implemented a RaR (Renewals at Risk) program and executives in CS, Sales, Product (including some directors), Engineering and Finance attended. We started weekly and then moved to 2x a month. 

CSMs elevated accounts and issues affecting multiple accounts to be covered in the meetings. They were required to identify root cause and an action plan (as well as those need to accomplish the plan). Additionally, this is where we were able to bring the results of our issue/enhancement aggregation to influence the roadmap. 

The wide array of executive involvement kept the company focused on Customer Centric initiatives. And the representation from Finance aided discussion when it came to business and resource planning.

• Alex Farmer
    Alex Farmer Member Posts: 62 Expert
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment GGR Blogger 2021
    edited May 2020
    Options

Yes - "Red Account Review" meeting once every two weeks.  Includes product, services, support, and CS.  Quick 25 min to review Get Well plans and get any blockers unblocked.  Our CEO attends most, which gives it appropriate importance.  We use a salesforce report of red accounts as the basis for the discussion.

• Scott Smith
    Scott Smith Member Posts: 15 Thought Leader
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited May 2020
    Options

We essentially have the same with the directors and the VP in attendance. Being a smaller org the CSO will also join occasionally just to get a pulse. This is held bi-weekly and does only include at risk accounts...  

• David Ellin
    David Ellin Member Posts: 170 Expert
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2020
    Options

@Phil Weiss, my company used to have bi-weekly renewal risk meeting. The meeting only pertained to in-flight renewals (which we started 12 months out because our contracts were 3-7 years long).

During one of the Pulse events this week, one of the speakers mentioned their company also has a weekly risk meeting fueled by data coming out of Gainsight. I'd have to look back at my notes to see who it was.

• Sara Bochino
    Sara Bochino Member Posts: 21 Thought Leader
    First Comment
    edited May 2020
    Options

We have a RAAP (Red Account Action Plan) meeting, CS leadership, sales leadership, renewals director and services leadership all attend to discuss our next best action. It's monthly and helpful for everyone to understand the "triggers" of why customers move to red (is it something within our control or not). Most recently, the meeting has helped us address ongoing service errors that led to decrease in services dollars. We may move to a quarterly meeting, but so far this has been helpful. 

• Cammo
    Cammo Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

I understand this is an old discussion, however we are looking to create a Red Account Plan Template to capture Actions regarding how we move the customer back into amber if not green. @Sara Bochino do you have a template for your RAAP's that you or anyone else might share?