No Subject

Options
Alex Tran
Alex Tran Member Posts: 38 Expert
First Anniversary

I have my cell phone number on my email signature so customers can reach me anytime :)

I've even told a customer that they can WhatsApp me and it was an amazing response!

Internally, we discourage using mobile as the primary way of communication; we mainly do it for strategically important, enterprise customers.

Comments

• Daniel Sonnenschein
    Daniel Sonnenschein Member Posts: 13 Contributor
    edited July 2020
    Options

Thanks @Alex Tran - I was also thinking that DM communication can be reserved to a higher tier of clients and/or strategic users like decision makers and champions

• Ronald Krisak
    Ronald Krisak Member Posts: 48 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Daniel Sonnenschein @Alex Tran   I do the same with my cell on my email signature.  I take things case by case/customer by customer.  As I try to have my team develop relationship with a customer, our top tier clients might be the ones we go the DM route when our normal modes of communication fail...or if it is something urgent I need to ensure they get. 

• Daniel Sonnenschein
    edited July 2020
    Options

Thanks for the input @Ronald Krisak - which platform does your team use to DM? Curious especially for International clients

• Ronald Krisak
    Ronald Krisak Member Posts: 48 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited July 2020
    Options

So far, we use Skype or MS Teams.

• Daniel Sonnenschein
    edited July 2020
    Options

interesting - thank you!

• Will Pagden
    Will Pagden Member Posts: 99 Expert
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Ronald Krisak for me I do not expect my team to be available 24/7, but I am prepared to be available 24/7 as I have less customer interactions. So I also give my cell number out to all customers. I set clear expectations its not an emergency support line more of an escalations or advice line if they feel they're not getting what they need. It very rarely rings, which must mean my team are doing a top job.