Developing consistent metric for Usage/Adoption across customer set

Options
Ronald Krisak
Ronald Krisak Member Posts: 48 Expert
First Anniversary
edited July 2020 in Metrics & Analytics

In my customer portfolio, I have customers that use our software in different ways.  Depending on how they are using it will dictate the type of usage I can expect.  I am trying to develop a consistent usage metric across my customer set so this can be an element of the overall health score.  I have thought about creating separate buckets of customers to group them into like categories, and then develop a separate usage metric for those buckets.  I am wondering if anyone has had to deal with something similar for other ideas.

Tagged:

Comments

• Jeff Breunsbach
    Jeff Breunsbach Member Posts: 266 Gain Grow Retain Staff
    5 Insightfuls Photogenic First Anniversary GGR Blogger 2022
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Ronald Krisak I'd definitely think about segmenting customers and then looking at how those customers use your software. You need to find "similar" groupings so that you can find benchmarks to use and apply when it comes to usage metrics. 

Here's one potential way to think about segmenting customers. But I think you'll need to go deeper...

@Kristi Faltorusso has good thoughts about this as well. 

• Ronald Krisak
    Ronald Krisak Member Posts: 48 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited July 2020
    Options

Thanks @Jeff Breunsbach   appreciate the thoughts.  I saw that graphic in your deck too.  We do have some tiering/segmenting that we do for our customer set that I can use.  I was trying to find a magical formula to score all customers consistently when it comes to usage, but I think I might be better to break things up for a more accurate depiction.