Consulting Agreement SOW

Tiffany Morin
Tiffany Morin Member Posts: 20 Thought Leader
edited August 2023 in CS Conversations
Hello-

I recently accepted a consulting position to help a start-up start their Customer Success department from scratch. This is my 3rd time now taking on this exercise. I have templates I've used in the past for SOW-type work. Does anyone have others worth sharing?  I'd love to compare notes and best practices! 

thank, 

Tiffany

Comments

• Andy Barton
    Andy Barton Member Posts: 18 Thought Leader
    edited September 2020
    Hey @Tiffany Morin,

I have a lot of them, and to share a suitable one, I need a little more info... e.g. the wrong SOW can damage the CS/PSO image internally (in the eyes of sales) as well as cause unneeded redlining by a customer. However, depending on the needs, they can be super simple. If you couple of questions (answer generally if the info is sensitive) I can share more thoughts and examples...
    1. Will you charge (may sound like a stupid question, but sometimes its ok to give free services or services packages but you must set limitations of delivery. (this can be called a scope statement as well) ?
    2. Will it be attached to a Subscription sale? New Business or Expansion?
    3. What is the typical size of deal currently ?
    4. How technical is the product/service? e.g. does it need integration?
    5. How intuitive is the product? 
    ------------------------------
    Andy Barton
    CX Exec
    -------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 09-18-2020 20:55
    Subject: Consulting Agreement SOW

Hello-

I recently accepted a consulting position to help a start-up start their Customer Success department from scratch. This is my 3rd time now taking on this exercise. I have templates I've used in the past for SOW-type work. Does anyone have others worth sharing?  I'd love to compare notes and best practices! 

thank, 

Tiffany

Tiffany Morin
  • Jay Nathan
    Jay Nathan Member Posts: 108 Expert
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes
    edited September 2020
  • Tiffany Morin
    Tiffany Morin Member Posts: 20 Thought Leader
    edited September 2020
    @Andy Barton Great questions. This is an SOW for a consulting project. Not client-facing in the traditional sense. Generally for these projects, I create a project plan with milestones and get that signed off by the exec team. This ensures the consulting project is a success. There is a lot of cross-over; however, with SOW for clients; however, that sales or CS would create.
  • Nathan Byren
    Nathan Byren Member Posts: 5 Seeker
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited September 2020
    Hi Tiffany,

This is actually something I'm about to start doing. I'm aiming to get started with friends' businesses as a bit of a soft launch.

I'd be especially interested to see your templates if you're open to sharing them with a newbie aspiring CS professional?

Nathan

Nathan Byren
    +27825638614
    -------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 09-18-2020 20:55
    Subject: Consulting Agreement SOW

Hello-

thank, 

Tiffany

Tiffany Morin
  • Jeffrey Kushmerek
    Jeffrey Kushmerek Member Posts: 96 Expert
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Name Dropper
    edited October 2020
    Nathan, 
    You can ping me as well. I have a ton of these from doing SOW's for the last 15 years