Intercom

Options
Shari Srebnick
Shari Srebnick Member Posts: 111 Expert
First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
edited October 2020 in CS Technology
Hi GGR Community,

Does anyone here use Intercom?  If so, pros vs cons?  Any really good use cases from the CS perspective?

For some context, our new CTO is a fan of Intercom and is looking for some allies in his plan to bring this on board.  He is asking us in Services what we think, and my VP wants me to weigh in.  I'm familiar with them, and plan to do some research on my own, but I thought if anyone could provide some great insights, it's this community.

Thank you in advance!
Tagged:

Comments

• Sai Arora
    Sai Arora Member Posts: 4 Navigator
    edited October 2020
    Options

From my experience, Intercom can be a great way for new customers to connect with your team when they are logged into your product. However, it can be a little difficult to ensure someone is always able to reply to chats. I've found Intercom to be a really good solution for SMB focused SaaS companies that have a Customer Success team that mirrors a more traditional Customer Support Org (high volume, ticket-based work) with primary responsibilities revolving around getting customers to take specific actions within the product to complete an Onboarding process.