Building DEI In Your Organization

Options
gurd3v
gurd3v Member Posts: 70 Expert
First Anniversary Photogenic
edited November 2020 in CS Org Conversations
What are you doing to build DEI into your organization?

I read this article that highlights how to take that first step. There are many different frameworks organizations use to incorporate DEI initiatives into the culture of an organization, but often taking the first step is the hardest part. 

In my experience, focussing on building DEI in our org has provided us with a further commitment to not just having more empathy for our colleagues, but also for our customers. Collaboration is improved internally and customers feel heard externally.

Comments

• Will Stamatis
    Will Stamatis Member Posts: 9 Seeker
    First Anniversary
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hi Gurdev,

Thank you for sharing that article--and more importantly asking the question! We're working through many of these same questions and issues. My initial recommendation would be to start a DEI Board/committee. This will raise awareness, crowdsource ideas and perspectives, and help distribute the workload. 

A big part, if not the challenge, is honing in on ownership of all things DEI. If you're familiar with the RACI matrix, it's the A--who is actually accountable for lack of diversity, equity, and inclusion? There needs to be top-down prioritization, and if you're not getting that, then getting a group of individuals together is a way of building that power.

SurveyMonkey also has a great article with resources & templates. Always happy to discuss in more detail!

------------------------------
    Will Stamatis
    Team Manager, Customer Success
    -------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-10-2020 12:26
    Subject: Building DEI In Your Organization

What are you doing to build DEI into your organization?

I read this article that highlights how to take that first step. There are many different frameworks organizations use to incorporate DEI initiatives into the culture of an organization, but often taking the first step is the hardest part. 

In my experience, focussing on building DEI in our org has provided us with a further commitment to not just having more empathy for our colleagues, but also for our customers. Collaboration is improved internally and customers feel heard externally.

Gurdev Anand
    Sr. Customer Experience Manager