Which would be a recommended certification program for CSM?

Options
Mohammed Asif
Mohammed Asif Member Posts: 7 Seeker
edited August 2023 in CS Conversations
Any suggestions around getting a certification for the CSM profile. I am confused between
  • Practical CSM
  • Successleague.io
  • Gainsight
Which one is recommended and why?

Comments

• Tevin Broner
    Tevin Broner Member Posts: 4 Navigator
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I am also interested in this. 

I'd love to know if any of them are worth doing.
  • Byron Sacks
    Byron Sacks Member Posts: 12 Contributor
    First Comment
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hey, 

I'm in the same boat.
    If you're looking for a recognized cert www.cxpa.org offer the CCXP which I'm considering. Also open to advise
  • Christian Jakenfelds
    Christian Jakenfelds Member Posts: 5 Seeker
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hey all, 

I did the successCOACHING/successHACKER CCSM Level 1 through 4 over the last two months and really recommend them. 

I'd already been a CSM for two years but wanted to start at the beginning to find any gaps I had. 

Level 1 and 2 are great for CSMs, even if you have experience it's good to get reminded about what matters. 

Level 3 is more managerial topics. Still incredibly helpful but can be done separate to Level 1 and 2. 

Level 4 I wouldn't recommend. It's not bad, but it's just not as good as levels 1-3. 

If I was to become a CS Leader I'd want my current CS team reach level 2 within 6 months of me joining, would want anyone who wants to be promoted complete Level 3 as a component of this, and would have all new hires complete Level 1 as part of their onboarding. 

It may cover things they know at each stage but you will massively benefit by ensuring everyone on the team is speaking the same language and you can control the lowest level of capability in all areas. 

• Dana Pavel
    Dana Pavel Member Posts: 9 Seeker
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I did the one with Winning By Design. It was really good and the teachers are super engaging!

https://winningbydesign.com/customer-success/
  • Mohammed Asif
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hello Byron, I checked this, to even sign up, is there a payment that needs to be done upfront or do we sign up as a free user and then upgrade tp a membership plan?
  • Mohammed Asif
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hello Dana, thank you for your response. I am interested in certifications. Do WBD provide certifications too?
  • Kevin Mitchell Leonor
    Kevin Mitchell Leonor Member Posts: 248 Expert
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I have SuccessCoaching and Gainsight. I highly recommend SuccessCoaching. Downloads that you can keep. Gainsight, you lose access after a year.
  • Dana Pavel
    Dana Pavel Member Posts: 9 Seeker
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hey Mohammed,

Yes, they do. The company I was working for at the time paid for the course. It's a live course, not on demand. 
    You can find my certificate on my LinkedIn profile if you want to see what it looks like. It's called Mastership in Customer Success.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/danapavel000/