HubSpot

Sophie Quinn
Sophie Quinn Member, CS Leader Posts: 22 Thought Leader
Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
edited October 2023 in CS Technology
Hey guys, 

We use HubSpot as our CRM tool. We are a startup in New Zealand with 20 employees at the moment so I'm still paving the CS path in the business. 

Does anyone here use HubSpot to manage their Customer Health Scores? If so, I'd love to hear some ideas on different workflows or processes used to help monitor our customers. 

Do you use HubSpot entirely or other tools for your Customer Success Management? 

Any insight would be awesome!

Comments

• Brooke Carrie
    Brooke Carrie Member Posts: 20 Thought Leader
    edited July 2021
    We use HubSpot and I have been trying to figure out how to manage Customer Health Score in it or if I should look at other tools. Very curious to see what insight others have!
  • Jessica Duval
    Jessica Duval Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    edited July 2021
    Following this thread!  We also use Hubspot which is great for the sales and marketing units, but I haven't been able to see how it works well for me in my customer success department.  I do like some of the meeting booking automation and the tracking of my conversations, but I am not sure how great it works for measuring kpi for this need.
  • Liam Dunne
    Liam Dunne Member Posts: 8 Seeker
    edited August 2021
    Hey Sophie,

Also very keen to learn if others are doing this. We're around ~20 employees and I can't really justify a £15k-£20k CS platform just yet, but I'm very keen to start building healthscores.
  • Sophie Quinn
    edited August 2021
    Hey Jessica, 

There are a couple of good Hubspot workflows that can help with the Health score side. Hubspot does an ok job with Customer Success but you have to put quite a bit of work in to build it to get it to suit your business. 

I'd love to hear what you have set up in terms of meeting booking automation? I'm trying to set this up at the moment. Is it a workflow you have created?

Thanks,
    Sophie
  • Sophie Quinn
    edited August 2021
    Hey Liam, 

We are in the exact same boat! A CS Platform would be awesome, but when the resource isn't quite there yet it's about taking advantage of the tools you already have. 

I am going to try and implement this workflow into HubSpot, it looks like it can be powerful, it will just be a matter of mapping the properties in HubSpot to the red, yellow or green flags. 

https://academy.hubspot.com/lessons/customer-success-and-account-health-checks
  • Sophie Quinn
    edited August 2021
    Hey Brooke, 

I also flicked this onto Liam. This HubSpot Health Score workflow can be a great place to start:

https://academy.hubspot.com/lessons/customer-success-and-account-health-checks

Let me know if you implement this I'd love to hear how different companies do it,
    Sophie
  • Frank Mumford
    Frank Mumford Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    edited August 2021
    Hi Sophie,

We are much smaller (3 full-time employees), and use the same CRM, Hubspot.  I am the head of CS and we have been looking at a couple of different providers, Totango being one of them.  Our organization does video thank you/stewardship and we connected our platform through Zapier to do thank you messages when someone books a meeting/demo with us.

Being newer, I would love to connect with you or anyone on this thread around Hubspot and what you have found helpful.  

Cheers!
  • Mark Flanagan
    Mark Flanagan Member Posts: 26 Expert
    First Comment
    edited August 2021
    Hi Liam. Doesn't Hubspot have variable pricing based on company size/stage of company development/
  • Johannah Coffey
    Johannah Coffey Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    First Anniversary
    edited August 2021
    We are doing this using a calculated or score field that adds up points based on criteria (have they signed anything new, paying invoices, csm sentiment, etc) which is our Health Score, and then have a workflow run to update our Health Index field based on the score (100-80 green, 60 - 80 yellow, below 60 red).  Some of the inputs are manual (more than I would like but we are working on that) and some are updated based on workflows.

its not the best but it has been getting us what we need until we get to the point of having a cs system.  
  • Emily McIlwain
    Emily McIlwain Member Posts: 7 Seeker
    edited August 2021
    Sophie,

We use Hubspot to manage our Customer Health Scores and I'm happy to share but let me ask you this first, are you looking for automatic tracking or some manually tracking based on your CSM's "gut" or learnings from their Customer Result Meetings (EBR/QBR's)?  

Emily 
  • Sophie Quinn
    edited August 2021
    Hey Emily, 

Oh that's great to hear. That would be awesome!

This will more be for automatic tracking, we need to get a good automated foundation set up at the moment as it's currently it's a manual process that is becoming difficult with scale - especially with a small team.