Customer Journey Mapping
In my career, I've facilitated several in-depth Customer Journey Mapping exercises, where I take a group of cross-functional delegates offsite for a day or two. In these sessions, the goal is to:
- Map out the entire customer flow, starting with marketing and pre-sales all the way through to long-term relationship management. This usually takes the form of a massive flow chart.
- Identify issues in the journey (both internally and for the customer) and identify process improvement projects which can be run over the course of the coming quarter or two.
Every time I've run these workshops, the outcome has been quite inspiring as it helps to ease common customer frustrations, helps teams assimilate and remove silos and plugs revenue leaks in the form of churn reduction/customer retention.
There's obviously a lot of detail I left out above, but I'm curious from this group: Is anyone else facilitating sessions like this? What have you found to be most successful? Are you using any tools to help you?
- All Categories
- 130 GGR Cafe
- 172 CS Conversations
- 960 CS Operations Conversations
- CS Org Conversations
- 205 CS Technology
- 648 Customer Journey
- 274 Digital CS (Engagement Programs)
- 31 Industry Insights
- 90 Metrics & Analytics
- 17 Value Realization
- 190 Strategy & Planning
- 15 Future Customer Success Professionals
- 7 Supporters of Gain Grow Retain
- 1 Gain Supporters
- 2 Higher Logic Vanilla
- 1 Totango
- 2 Grow Supporters
- 2 Catalyst
- 1 ChurnZero
- 4 Retain Supporters
- 1 Northpass
- Interested in Supporting Gain Grow Retain?
- Contact Us
- 17 Welcome to the Community
- 157 Job Board
- 173 Customer Success Leadership Community