Are you using Gong, Chorus.ai or something similar? I need your advice! Please.

Options
Will Pagden
Will Pagden Member Posts: 99 Expert
edited July 2020 in CS Technology

I hear of a lot of companies using technologies like the above, however I notice they generally advertise themselves as helping revenue generating teams.

Being a relatively lean team, who up until now really has not had a focus on upsell, I need to ensure we are not missing key information. 

Can anyone let me know the experiences they have had with these technologies and the results they have driven within the CS org?

Comments

• Kodak Maharaj
    Kodak Maharaj Member Posts: 8 Seeker
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hey Will, 

My last company was leveraging Gong before making the switch to Chorus. In my current role, we use a competitor called Jiminny. I'm not a big fan of Jiminny and if I had to refer any of these tools, Chorus would be my top choice.

Curious, does your sales team currently leverage one? If so, you might be able to work your team into extra licenses. 

At a high-level, one advantage of Chorus is the ability to search all calls so any team member can listen to a call recording and gain transparency. They also use AI to transcribe calls and will point out key moments. In full transparency, I haven't seen it fully utilized by a CS team. However, I've seen Chorus leveraged cross-functionally (CS teams looped in) and it's great for transparency & onboarding at scale. 

• Brian Hartley
    Brian Hartley Member Posts: 185 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2020
    Options

Currently use Gong for our org @Will Pagden .  We also use a few licenses on my team and I feel that there is a lot I am not tapping into.  I had a call with their CS team last week and picked up a lot of good tips and tricks.  Overall the tool has been great, not only with sales but product and CS too.  Their transcription engine is pretty accurate and is constantly being tweaked.  I also like their Deal Intelligence feature as I would argue the layout of deals through Gong is better than SFDC.  Happy to chat more if you want.

• Will Pagden
    edited July 2020
    Options

Thanks @Kodak Maharajreally useful insight, our sales team isnt currently using one.

I like the idea of AI to transcribe. I wonder how much we miss from focus purely on what the focus of the call is. Will have to check out Chorus, thanks.

• Will Pagden
    edited July 2020
    Options

Thank you @Brian Hartley, might take you up on that offer of a chat, just want to understand what I can expect to see out of the product without a sales pitch!

• Elizabeth Bukys
    Elizabeth Bukys Member Posts: 13 Contributor
    edited July 2020
    Options

We just started using Gong as a trial this past week. I'm already in love! My only real gripe is that their features aren't quite where I want to see them yet for true integration across the entire journey (combining auto-flagged keywords for feature requests along with what I'll need to do manually in notes post-call, before pulling both into customer info, for example). It's a gorgeous sale tool though, and I am beyond excited to be able to "sit in" on original sales calls for people we onboard. Being able to see original excitement and hear people talk about the pain they're solving for is huge.

I didn't realize we can't search across all calls though, I'll probably push the team to look at Chorus as well.

• gurd3v
    gurd3v Member Posts: 70 Expert
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited July 2020
    Options

Of all the technology we use, I'm a big believer in Gong and think there is so much Gong has to offer that I'm not personally using. My exposure is a bit limited though. 

• Kodak Maharaj
    Kodak Maharaj Member Posts: 8 Seeker
    edited July 2020
    Options

Of course, glad I could help. I do see a few comments here mentioning Gong. I think Gong is great but it's limited with some features, especially search. From a rep perspective, the quick searchability (and transparency as a result) from Chorus is a major plus. 

• Will Pagden
    edited July 2020
    Options

That sounds really exciting, will have to look into the free trial, thank you @Elizabeth Bukys 

• Alex Tran
    Alex Tran Member Posts: 38 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited July 2020
    Options

We've been using Gong for awhile! I haven't used the other platforms, but I can attest that Gong is a great company overall (not just the product). I have a couple friends there and it's an overall solid organization and product. 

• David Jackson
    David Jackson Member Posts: 36 Expert
    First Comment
    edited July 2020
    Options

Gong is good.  A couple of my clients are moving away from Jimmy.  I have no direct experience of Chorus.

One point to bear in mind is how the use of these tools fits into your coaching strategy.  If there is no mechanism aimed at addressing any development areas then all you have is a content reporting tool - nice but not really impactful.

• Will Pagden
    edited July 2020
    Options

Good advice as always @David Jackson, thank you.

• Jeff Breunsbach
    Jeff Breunsbach Member Posts: 266 Gain Grow Retain Staff
    5 Insightfuls Photogenic First Anniversary GGR Blogger 2022
    edited July 2020
    Options

Love that point @David Jackson - need to make sure you can follow through on the coaching.