Health Score element - Value to Your own company

Ronald Krisak
Ronald Krisak Member Posts: 48 Expert
Second Anniversary
edited September 2020 in Metrics & Analytics
Does anyone have an element of your health score that measures the value to your own company -- either financially or non-financially?  I currently measure Bugs, Adoption, Usage, Support, Engagement, Financials, & CSM sentiment.  I want to add an element where I can score a customer's value back to my company -- looking at both the financial impact as well as something on the non-financial side.  Some of the other elements I measure will guide me towards that answer, but I wanted to see if anyone had an example of where they have this category broken out.  For example, if we had a leading customer in the automotive industry, by having them as a customer, it has huge value to us as we could call that out in future sales plays.  If someone measures things in their health score this way, I'd be interested to see how that works.

Tagged:

Comments

• Steve Mcdougal
    Steve Mcdougal Member Posts: 4 Seeker
    edited September 2020

Hello there.   What i have done in the past is measure References  and Advocacy.  This measures the number of references that a customer has given i.e  

a) Spoken to a sales prospect to recommend purchasing your solution
    b) Presented to an audience of your existing customers on their best practices 
    c) Given a testimonial/video/ case study for your website

Hope this helps

Many thanks

Steve McDougal

• Steve Wilson
    Steve Wilson Member Posts: 5 Seeker
    edited September 2020
    Hi Ronald,

+1 on advocacy measures. We include:
    • Referencability - case studies, speaking engagements etc
    • Strategic logo - important because of brand presence in the market (vertical play)
    • Design partner - happy to engage with product teams on roadmap decisions, take beta products etc
  • Ronald Krisak
    Second Anniversary
    edited September 2020
    Appreciate  the responses.  Currently, I do measure Engagement with these sub-categories:  if they attend our showcase events; do they participate in our user forum; do they participate in any reference events; are they active in asking for enhancements.  I think I can add some of the other suggestions both of you mentioned to fill it out more.  Thanks.
  • Ashton Liu
    Ashton Liu Member Posts: 29 Expert
    10 Comments Second Anniversary
    edited September 2020
    I'm in a similar situation trying to build out health metrics. I am aiming to incorporate invoice history (does the customer pay the bills on time) as a common metrics. What are other's thoughts on this?
  • Steve Wilson
    Steve Wilson Member Posts: 5 Seeker
    edited September 2020
    I've seen/heard of this being used and we're actively considering having an "operations" metric such as this for our CHS.
  • Ronald Krisak
    Second Anniversary
    edited September 2020
    I used to have a financial component to my health score.  Scale of 5 to 1, if they paid on time, were 1 month late, 2 months late, etc.  We eventually dropped it.

• Ashton Liu
    edited September 2020
    Hi Ronald, 
    Just curious, why did you decide to drop this as a metric? 
    Best,
    Ashton
  • Ronald Krisak
    Second Anniversary
    edited September 2020
    We dropped that element of the health score as it wasn't showing much differentiation among our customers.  Might add back in at some point, but decided to drop it & focus on some other elements.
  • Ashton Liu
    edited September 2020
    Got it!

Ashton