What are some interesting metrics/analysis you look at to present to your customer?

Options
Brian Hartley
Brian Hartley Member Posts: 185 Expert
First Comment First Anniversary
edited July 2020 in Metrics & Analytics

There are a lot of generic metrics out there that most CS teams may or may not share, I am curious what are some of the more interesting takes you have shared in the past?

For me, a few stand out

• Daily Active Users divided by Daily Case Count.  I wanted to start tracking the ratio to see if things trended up or down over time.
  • Count of overall activity (as defined by how we have event tracking set up) divided by unique log-ins.  This would give me a number that would show, on average, how many "actions" per user was occurring.  At my old job, anything below a 1.0 was not great as that would suggest a lot of log-ins but not much in the form of site interaction
Tagged:

Comments

• Sumith
    Sumith Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    edited July 2020
    Options

We work in the ecomm space

Quarterly traffic analysis 
    Order Analysis

• Chris Hicken
    Chris Hicken Member Posts: 4 Navigator
    edited July 2020
    Options

Brian,

We present usage data to our customers as evidence that they're receiving value. 

Imagine if one of your vendors, SalesForce, came to you and said "Hey Brian, congratulations your team has 20 active users this month compared to last month which was only 16!".  What would your response be?

Our view is that product usage is pretty low on the value measurement maturity scale.  It's far more important to start with the customer's goals, the eocosystem of products/processses/services needed to hit those goals, and the measurement towards their goals being hit.

If you're interested, this chart summarizes the article we wrote about this topic recently: https://blog.nuffsaid.com/measuring-customer-value

• Brian Hartley
    Brian Hartley Member Posts: 185 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2020
    Options

Great stuff @Chris Hicken , definitely laughed out loud.  I already subscribe to your blog but will have to check this article out!