QBRs - what approach do you follow for low touch accounts?

Options
Patricia Lezama
Patricia Lezama Member Posts: 2 Navigator
edited January 2021 in Metrics & Analytics
Hello CSM leaders,

Looking for some input on QBRS for low touch accounts. Do you deliver QBRs for this segment? what cadence or system do you use to cover QBR content for low touch accounts?

Appreciate any views you can provide.
thanks in advance

Comments

• Max Smith-Gee
    Max Smith-Gee Member Posts: 13 Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hey Patricia, great question and it's difficult to give a specific answer as I believe Business Reviews need to be controlled and tailored to each company depending on the CS Team size, business model, use case, etc. With that said, some rules of thumb I follow for QBRs are customer segmentation, length, who attends, and what content is covered. Here are a couple examples:
    1. Enterprise Accounts
      • Occurrence: once a quarter
      • Attendee: Leadership from both sides
      • Time: 1 Hour
      • Topics Covered
        • In-Depth Roadmap review and input
        • Customer Metrics
        • Recommendations
        • Future KPIs for both sides
    2. Small to Medium
      • Occurrence: every 6 months (depending on customer's growth potential to be Enterprise)
      • Attendee: Day-to-day contact and maybe team leads
      • Time: 1 Hour
      • Topics Covered
        • Simpo Roadmap
        • Customer Metrics
        • Future KPIs
    I hope this helps and happy to chat in more details about your specific use case!

Max
  • Patricia Lezama
    Patricia Lezama Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thanks Max for the input. Very useful. Sounds like we are aligned with what you are describing. We are working on formalizing the process.

your answer is appreciate it
    PAtricia
  • Max Smith-Gee
    Max Smith-Gee Member Posts: 13 Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Options
    One thing I forgot to mention is if you are really looking to scale the Business Review activity for those low-touch customers or even some of your enterprise customers, I think it's critical to start productizing the QBR activity within your platform. This can be achieved through several methods but some common ones are 'overview dashboards' that provide historical metrics and recommendations, or weekly digests to low-touch customers in replacement of actual Business Review meetings. This is always fun to think through because you'll get to collaborate with your Product Team too!
  • Jordan Silverman
    Jordan Silverman Member, CS Leader Posts: 109 Expert
    First Comment 5 Likes Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited January 2021
    Options
    These are great answers by @Max Smith-Gee.

It really is about finding a good rhythm based on customer segment and journey.

For us on the SMB side we have found:
    - Bi-weekly calls during onboarding (separate training team focusing on usage so CSMs can drive value)
    - Monthly calls during first value
    - QBRs during desired outcome

We make the bi-weekly calls and monthly calls mandatory for SMB customers and the QBRs optional. This is all just on the SMB side - we have different journeys and cadences for mid-market and enterprise.
    Jordan Silverman
    jordan.silverman@usestarfish.com
    (914) 844-5775
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordansilverman/
  • Mike Arnone
    Mike Arnone Member Posts: 8 Seeker
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Love this, Jordan ?