CS 2022 new year's resolutions?

Options
Christian Jakenfelds
Christian Jakenfelds Member Posts: 5 Seeker
First Comment First Anniversary

Hi All, 

One of my new year resolutions is to be more engaged in the GGR community so I can continue to learn what people are facing daily in CS. 

What have you personally set as your CS new year's resolution? 

Best, Christian 

Comments

• Stewart Stokes
    Stewart Stokes Member Posts: 17 Thought Leader
    First Comment
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi!  I am starting a new role as the first Customer Success Manager at an early-stage radar satellite company.  My new year's resolution is to expand my digital CS network.  Unlike in prior roles, I won't have other CS colleagues for banter/discussion/crazy idea sessions.  So, joining a few different communities (including this one).  Looking forward to a great 2022!
  • Ashna Patel
    Ashna Patel Member Posts: 13 Contributor
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hi Christian, 

You won't believe but this is also one of the things I have on my resolution this year. 

When I initially started engaging on Linkedin & other platforms, GGR office hours helped me tremendously not only networking but helping me focus on trending CS topics, learning from leaders & sharing my thought leadership as well. 

I have been feeling bad not being able to do a whole lot of that lately but I am looking forward to continuing that in 2022 & engaging a lot more here than ever before. 

Other than that, I am looking to focus on- 

Balance, Consistency & Growth this year. 

Best,
    Ashna 

• Anita Toth
    Anita Toth Member Posts: 246 Expert
    Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    edited January 2022
    Options

Love this new year's resolution @Christian Jakenfelds. ?

With your experience and knowledge, the GGR community will certainly benefit.

My personal CS resolution is to push some boundaries and talk about things that are not very popular/might be a bit uncomfortable but that ultimately lead to positive change and growth for both CS and for customers.

Lofty (and scary!) resolution but I'm committed to it. 

• Guy Galon
    Guy Galon Member Posts: 26 Expert
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi Christian,
    Good luck in 2022. You joined a great community and you will be able to connect and learn from many professionals. I am sure you will obtain significant value. Welcome aboard.
    Guy
  • Effie Mansdorf
    Effie Mansdorf Member Posts: 76 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Loving your approach Anita! I see that folks ( including me) are happy to post content on what to do and things that work. However the fails, the stuff we screw up at, and approaches that don't work are less popular. However, this is where we learn from the most!

looking forward to your new years resolution content!
  • Salley Wilde
    Salley Wilde Member Posts: 3 Navigator
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi All,

I just joined this community after finding you through a colleague. I look forward to learning from others on here. My resolution is about progress, motivation, growth, and balance.  
    Happy New Year
  • Derek Marley
    Derek Marley Member Posts: 4 Navigator
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Yes! I would love to participate in these convos.
  • Anita Toth
    Anita Toth Member Posts: 246 Expert
    Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Thanks so much @Effie Mansdorf. I'm excited and nervous about it. ?

Love this new year's resolution @Christian Jakenfelds. ?

With your experience and knowledge, the GGR community will certainly benefit.

My personal CS resolution is to push some boundaries and talk about things that are not very popular/might be a bit uncomfortable but that ultimately lead to positive change and growth for both CS and for customers.

Lofty (and scary!) resolution but I'm committed to it. 

Hi All, 

One of my new year resolutions is to be more engaged in the GGR community so I can continue to learn what people are facing daily in CS. 

What have you personally set as your CS new year's resolution? 

Best, Christian 

• Effie Mansdorf
    Effie Mansdorf Member Posts: 76 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Took some inspiration from you and posted on LI on a recent mess up of mine and how I fixed it. I think it's a great approach - we're not all perfect ( even though LI makes it seem that way sometimes), and we can learn from each other.
  • Christian Jakenfelds
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Sounds like good resolutions to have. Have you set any specific metrics?
  • Jeff Heckler
    Jeff Heckler Member, CS Leader Posts: 80 Expert
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment Office Hours Host 2022
    edited January 2022
    Options

My main goal and New Year's resolution is to meet up with @Christian Jakenfelds personally at an event, conference, or Italian cafe!
    Other than that, I'd look forward to:

1. launching new CS engagements with my F500 clients
    2. continue to be a resource for the global CS community
    3. helping my organization and customers achieve their 2022 financial targets and budgets.

2022 is going to be a great year of achievements!

• Christian Jakenfelds
    edited January 2022
    Options
  • Keishla Ceaser-Jones
    Keishla Ceaser-Jones Member Posts: 10 Contributor
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I agree with you, @Christian Jakenfelds. I want to set a more regular cadence for visiting this community. I always find it very helpful when I do. I also want to be a contributor and not just a taker!

Keishla Ceaser-Jones

Senior Director, Partner Success

Digital Immersion Technologies, EAB

• James Stuart
    James Stuart Member Posts: 27 Expert
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi @Christian Jakenfelds

For me I have 2. A personal and work. From a personal perspective like you, I want to become more active on GGR, Linkedin Etc and network more (More than happy to have a conversation with anyone on here if they would like)

From a work perspective, I want to improve my investigation skills when it comes to my customer meetings. By this, I want to be able to obtain tangible data points from my customers e.g how many successes have they had from the platform