Curious about Auto-Renews
At my last company, we offered many SaaS offerings billed in a typical fashion - licenses for "x" years, with or without auto-renew. Since moving into payments, the pricing model is different, but reading some threads here has spurred my curiosity once more about auto-renewing SaaS contracts.
What I'd like to ask the community is:
- What percentage of your customers are on auto-renewing contracts?
- What percentage of those customers on auto-renewing contracts KNOW they will auto-renew?
- How will they be notified before the renewal date?
- Does your company do enough to notify customers before their auto-renew?
- How often are your CSMs having to "hold the line" about a contract after an auto-renew is invoiced?
- Are poorly notified (or otherwise silent) auto-renews happening for SaaS clients with or without the CSM and Sales leadership awareness?
- Do you think this is a bad practice?
- All Categories
- 133 GGR Cafe
- 172 CS Conversations
- 960 CS Operations Conversations
- CS Org Conversations
- 205 CS Technology
- 648 Customer Journey
- 274 Digital CS (Engagement Programs)
- 32 Industry Insights
- 90 Metrics & Analytics
- 17 Value Realization
- 191 Strategy & Planning
- 15 Future Customer Success Professionals
- 7 Supporters of Gain Grow Retain
- 1 Gain Supporters
- 2 Higher Logic Vanilla
- 1 Totango
- 2 Grow Supporters
- 2 Catalyst
- 1 ChurnZero
- 4 Retain Supporters
- 1 Northpass
- Interested in Supporting Gain Grow Retain?
- Contact Us
- 18 Welcome to the Community
- 157 Job Board
- 173 Customer Success Leadership Community