Usage expectations

Options
dpalmer
dpalmer Member Posts: 1 Navigator
Photogenic
edited October 2023 in Metrics & Analytics

Any EdTech CSMs out there that would be willing to meet to talk through how you handle expectations over usage? I am especially interested in situations where you have a district-wide offering. How do you set up reasonable expectations for what success looks like using your company's offering?

Comments

• Harsh Shah
    Harsh Shah Member Posts: 40 Expert
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hi @dpalmer , I am not associated with EdTech but would love to follow this conversation. Could you please tag me or send me the conclusions or actionable items that you guys discuss? Or maybe a recording would also work.

I work for a company that has usage-based pricing and would love to know these insights on how to handle the expectations of users, champions, and buyers.

Best Regards,

Harsh Shah

Customer Success Manager, Woliba

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/harshshah-15/

Email: hcshah15.hs@gmail.com

• Christie Anderson
    Christie Anderson Member, CS Leader Posts: 12 Contributor
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Hi @dpalmer I'm in EdTech and would love to collaborate together on this and see how you approach it as well!!

• Katherine.schram
    Katherine.schram Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    First Comment
    Options

I’d love to learn more about the type of offering you have, because I think the metrics you would use should vary based on two factors: 1) what adoption metrics are significant in terms of retention and renewal (Think user logins, feature adoption, etc) and 2) what metrics are significant to show the impact of the product? In ed tech this means not only how you’ve impacted internal factors at the district (time or dollars saved for example), but also the impact in terms of outcomes. I know this started as a thread about usage, but I think it’s important t9 tell the impact story and make sure we’re also thinking about KPIs. Happy to talk more if you want to talk! I’ve been in ed tech (p-20) for 10+ years.

• Simon Cundall
    Simon Cundall Member Posts: 6 Navigator
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Good morning,

I'm in the Summer Camp Tech industry - can I claim EdTech adjacent? :)

I would guess that we experience some similar issues, and would be happy to chat more on this topic if you'd like. Feel free to reach out directly on LinkedIn.

Cheers,

Simon

https://www.linkedin.com/in/simoncundall/