Connecting the Customer Story to the Money Story
Although Customer Success is no longer a 'new' industry, it is still one that often has the lines of responsibility muddied. Not having a clear connection between the goals of your customer success team to the commercial goals of your company can lead to a dilution of expectations.
In our May 5th Office Hours, Richard Jeffreys discussed the importance of being able to develop a focus within an organization to give the platform and credibility needed to drive a customer-centric culture.
Two questions were discussed in breakouts:
- What is the single most important thing that you need to be successful as a CSM and why?
- Imagine you're the CEO of a growth company. Why would you spend any money on building a Customer Success team and how will determine if it is a successful investment (in the context of other investments you could have made)?
Take a moment to check out the full article to see what your peers came up with during their time together and make sure that you are not assuming that everyone understands how your team differs from other teams in the org. Make it easy for your decision makers to invest the resources needed to allow team development that will hit the customer retention battlefield ready to win!
Leave a Comment
- All Categories
- 132 GGR Cafe
- 172 CS Conversations
- 960 CS Operations Conversations
- CS Org Conversations
- 205 CS Technology
- 648 Customer Journey
- 274 Digital CS (Engagement Programs)
- 32 Industry Insights
- 90 Metrics & Analytics
- 17 Value Realization
- 191 Strategy & Planning
- 15 Future Customer Success Professionals
- 7 Supporters of Gain Grow Retain
- 1 Gain Supporters
- 2 Higher Logic Vanilla
- 1 Totango
- 2 Grow Supporters
- 2 Catalyst
- 1 ChurnZero
- 4 Retain Supporters
- 1 Northpass
- Interested in Supporting Gain Grow Retain?
- Contact Us
- 17 Welcome to the Community
- 157 Job Board
- 173 Customer Success Leadership Community