Customer success strategy for agencies

Options
emilyabramson
emilyabramson Member Posts: 4 Navigator
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
Hi all! I'm new to the GGR community, and I'm happy to be here! I work for a small consultancy that specializes in building + maintaining a data stack for clients. With a background in SaaS customer success, I've been working on outlining a formal client success plan for the company as we continue to scale. 

I'm wondering if anyone here works in the agency // consultancy space, and has any tips for building out CS practices. I've run into some unique challenges and most of the resources I've found online are geared towards SaaS // product based CS orgs. 

Thanks in advance! 

Comments

• ashley_martin
    ashley_martin Member Posts: 30 Navigator
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hi Emily, welcome to the community.  I am a CSM in hardware, so I went through the same thing you are going through with trying to build practices around little to no data.  

• Amanda Watson
    Amanda Watson Member, CS Leader Posts: 31 Expert
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes
    Options
    Hi Emily, 
    Welcome! The great news is that CS is growing to serve more than just Saas. The not-as-great news is a lot of the resources available still focus on Saas platforms. I am working to stand-up a CS function for our on-premise SMB customers and have had the same struggle.  If I come across anything valuable, I will pass it along. 

• emilyabramson
    Options
    Thanks @Amanda Watson and @ashley_martin! Ashley, I'll reach out to you, and I'll be sure to post any insights I have here. Appreciate the community! 
  • kmulhalljr
    kmulhalljr Member Posts: 40 Navigator
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper 2023 Success Network - Supporter
    Options
    Hi Emily & welcome. Sounds like you're in a pretty unique marketplace. I'd be curious to know more about how the services your company provides are sold, delivered and currently maintained. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn (link in signature)
  • emilyabramson
    Options
    Thanks @kmulhalljr! I'll send you a linkedin request now :)