Qualitative Data & Decision Making in Customer Success

Options
mwunderbar
mwunderbar Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello all,

I am quite new to the Customer Success space but have worked with great customer success colleagues in close partnership as a Product Manager for several years. Recently, I've been exploring how LLMs (the AI behind ChatGPT) can be used to synthesize qualitative data from customer calls and emails.

I would love to understand more about how you use qualitative signals and data from discussions with your customers to make decisions. Based on my experience, I have noticed that B2B companies often struggle to make data-driven decisions due to the limited number of data points available, especially when compared to B2C companies.

• When and how do you integrate qualitative data into your decision-making process?
  • What makes it challenging to incorporate qualitative data into the process?

If anyone is interested to share their experiences and challenges related to this topic, I would love to chat and learn from you.

Best,

Mats

Comments

• Michelle Wideman
    Michelle Wideman Member Posts: 54 Navigator
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi @mwunderbar, we leverage Gong internally and my CEO loves to know when the competition is mentioned and what is said, so we have a trigger set to a slack channel that captures and presents this info anytime a competitive key word is mentioned. It's a tad bit different than what you requested, but a real world example of how we're leveraging customer call data.

• Ed Powers
    Ed Powers Member Posts: 180 Expert
    Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary 5 Likes
    Options

Hi Mats--

There are several companies coming to market now that are doing exactly this:

They mine signals from text streams and make predictive models. These technologies are in their infancy now, but expect them to mature. There's very interesting science behind the language we use and the nature of relationships. One technology to watch is Receptiviti, which applies psychology to language. Another trend to watch is applying social network analysis to data streams. In B2B, decisions are made predominantly by groups, not individuals. These science-based approaches will, in my opinion, be much more useful than surveys.

Hope that helps.

Ed