Career Crossroads: Navigating New Horizons

Options

Hello fellow future CS professionals 👋

I just joined Gain Grow Retain, and like you, am seeking to pivot careers. My background is predominantly digital marketing, with some experience in event coordination & a dash of customer success. I'm actively looking for new roles, but am running into the challenge of lack of CS-specific experience. I'm wondering…

Besides the job board here, what other places do you look for CS roles that welcome transferable skills?

As a newbie here, I'm also open to any and all tips or resources you've found helpful :)

TIA, and may the force be with you 🫡

Tagged:

Comments

• jillmovahedi
    jillmovahedi Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I was in the same boat and would likely stick to smaller companies where hiring managers/recruiters are actually looking at resumes. I would guess your lack of direct CS experience would immediately put you in a 'no' pile if ATS is involved. You should cater your resume to speak to your CS experience; spend some time listening to Carly Agar's Customer Success Career Coach podcast to add metrics to your resume and cater it to CS to help you get noticed. And then make sure to build your confidence through practicing your career stories. Since CS demands executive presence, you'll need to shine in your interviews. Good luck!

• lawoltz
    lawoltz Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

This is great advice, thank you so much!