Has Anyone Tried Glue: A New Slack/Teams Challenger?

Keith P
Keith P Member, CS Leader Posts: 8 Navigator
5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

News broke recently about David Sacks' new venture, Glue, an AI-powered chat app aiming to revolutionize communication within organizations. It promises to address 'Slack channel fatigue' with features like topic-based threads and integrated AI assistance. As customer success professionals, efficient communication is crucial. Has anyone here explored Glue? What are your initial impressions? Do you see it as a potential alternative to Slack or Microsoft Teams for your customer success needs? Let's discuss the potential impact of Glue on the communication landscape and its possible implications for customer success teams.

Comments

• Shaun Porcar
    Shaun Porcar Member, CS Leader Posts: 22 Thought Leader
    Third Anniversary 5 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic

I've been following since the announcement of Glue (long-time All-in Pod listener) and I'm also curious to hear more about real-world experiences from anyone who has started using it.

If history repeats itself Glue will see traction with new startups and SMBs given their emphasis on improving the user experience and leveraging more AI in service of driving efficiency in day-to-day activities.

Topic-based threads are intriguing for reducing the clutter that eventually consumes most Slack channels. Still, I can see a rapid proliferation of threads that one may need to monitor or engage in daily.

IMO AI automating repetitive tasks and providing better insights are table stakes for CSMs managing multiple customer projects and issues simultaneously. Additionally, even the most organized CSM's would benefit from tools to improve focus and time management.

Entry-level pricing is competitive with Slack, but I don't see that making much of a difference until Glue prioritizes integrations with the most important GTM apps or targets the top 2-3 in each functional area.

Lastly, I rarely recommend offering a free tier for enterprise software. However, in this category, providing a slightly better value proposition for the tens of thousands of professionals, hobbyists, and neighborhood communities using Slack’s free plan could create a massive base of advocates. This could translate into a significant PLG opportunity when these folks decide they'd prefer to use Glue at work.

It's still early, but if executed well, Glue could be a game-changer for Customer Success teams relentlessly pursuing efficiency while maintaining mission-critical proactive activities under an increasingly tight budget and headcount.

• PiperWilson
    PiperWilson HLAdmin, Member Posts: 58 Seeker
    10 Comments GGR Staff First Anniversary 5 Likes

@Shaun Porcar - Would you share a link to the podcast about Glue? I'm curious, from a community management point of view, how people may use this as a community platform. There are currently thousands of communities built on Slack, even though Slack has stated time and time again that Slack is not built to be a community platform.

Just as a community can support CSMs if they're set up properly and have executive & user buy-in, I'm curious to see how Glue's features can support even more collaboration.

• Shaun Porcar
    Shaun Porcar Member, CS Leader Posts: 22 Thought Leader
    Third Anniversary 5 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic

@PiperWilson Sure, the discussion and brief demo I'm referring to starts at 29:40 into episode 179.

• PiperWilson
    PiperWilson HLAdmin, Member Posts: 58 Seeker
    10 Comments GGR Staff First Anniversary 5 Likes

Thank you!

• Keith P
    Keith P Member, CS Leader Posts: 8 Navigator
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

Thanks @Shaun Porcar. I agree on Glue's appeal for startups and SMBs. Topic threads - double-edged sword, auto-summarization/alerts could be helpful. AI automation for CSMs is crucial, curious to see Glue vs. existing tools. Integrations are vital to avoid silos. Free tier with value proposition is an interesting strategy for user base growth.