[CALL FOR TOPICS] What should we discuss in CS Leadership Office Hours this week?

Options
Jeff Breunsbach
Jeff Breunsbach Member Posts: 266 Gain Grow Retain Staff
5 Insightfuls Photogenic First Anniversary GGR Blogger 2022

We're doing a call for topics for our CS Leadership Office Hours call this Thursday June 25 at 11:30am EST.

In the comments below, write out the topic you'd be most interested in talking about with fellow leaders. 

If you see a topic that resonates, go ahead and click that heart button!

@Alex Farmer @Brian Hartley @Gabriel Fallas @Alex Turkovic @Matt Timmins @Phyllis Windham @Sara Robba @Jung Kim 

Comments

• Shaun Porcar
    Shaun Porcar Member, CS Leader Posts: 18 Thought Leader
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Options

How about staffing plans and hiring?

• What resources do you rely on to manage your hiring plan? 
    • How are you balancing current and anticipated needs, especially for those whose growth has been affected by Covid (whether up or down)?
    • How are you working with other leaders in the company to manage competing priorities?
    • What are some of your best practices regarding communication and level of detail to appropriately manage expectations internally (primarily with interviewers) and externally with candidates?
    • What are you actively doing to the improve the candidate experience? Anything on your stop doing list?
  • Kevin Mitchell Leonor
    Kevin Mitchell Leonor Member Posts: 248 Expert
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

Path to leadership. I know people like to tell their story on how they made their way to become a leader. Would love to hear from our distinguished members of our GGR community on what was the Aha moment, the catalyst, or the breakthrough that got them there.

• Gabriel Fallas
    Gabriel Fallas Member Posts: 53 Expert
    First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Options

I like the topic of staffing. Particularly, how do you plan/scale your projects and which ones do you prioritize as your team beings to grow? 

• Gabriel Fallas
    Gabriel Fallas Member Posts: 53 Expert
    First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Options

I have a couple of topics I'd love to hear the communities thoughts on: 

• Professional Development: what action plans are you executing to keep yourself and your team motivated and in a growth trajectory.
    • Voice of the Customer - @Kristi Faltorusso's webinar on this was golden and it would be phenomenal as group discussion topic.
  • Phyllis Windham
    Phyllis Windham Member Posts: 9 Seeker
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

@Jeff Breunsbach How about a discussion related to fostering collaboration within your CS Team and across the internal business?  Basically how do you encourage collaboration?

• Matt Timmins
    Matt Timmins Member Posts: 5 Seeker
    First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Options

I like the headcount and hiring plan topic! Not necessarily this week but at one session would love to raise the topic I posted a separate thread on yesterday about playbooks/best practices folks use to help mitigate churn risk in the mid market brought on by corporate events where the larger new parent company uses an incumbent competitor vendor

• Effie Mansdorf
    Effie Mansdorf Member Posts: 76 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

I would like to hear the different comp/OKR/KPI measurements and plans from other companies. Discuss pros and Cons of each model.

• Renee Murphy
    Renee Murphy Member Posts: 18 Thought Leader
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Options

I am very curious on how to replicate the value of Customer visits in these times - I am not sure how to replicate the dedicated attention and discovery that happens in those visits.  As well as how to diversify my network, hiring strategies and understanding how to evaluate non traditional candidates in a time where hiring is so sparse and critical.  

• David Ellin
    David Ellin Member Posts: 170 Expert
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Options

@Jeff Breunsbach, I'd like you to discuss the current negotiations going on for major league baseball. I likely won't be able to join tomorrow (first one I'll miss) and I don't want to miss a great CS-related topic!

• Kristi Faltorusso
    Kristi Faltorusso Member Posts: 45 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

Thank you @Gabriel Fallas 

• Brian Hartley
    Brian Hartley Member Posts: 185 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

Love this!  

I might also add; given the current environment is your company open to hiring more remote employees.

• Jeff Breunsbach
    edited June 2020
    Options

This might be a great Podcast type series Kevin! Love this. 

• Jeff Breunsbach
    edited June 2020
    Options

This is a great one Renee - I'll get this on our list!

• Jeff Breunsbach
    edited June 2020
    Options

This is a big one - I wonder if we should also send a survey out to gauge trends in the community around this.

• Jeff Breunsbach
    edited June 2020
    Options

Awesome, I'll get this down on the list Matt. 

• Jeff Breunsbach
    edited June 2020
    Options

Thanks Phyllis - this is a great topic to understand how as leaders your going to build impactful and effective relationships with your executive counterparts. 

• Jeff Breunsbach
    edited June 2020
    Options

Shaun - appreciate the thorough questions! This might be the winner for Thursday! We'll see what else comes in today.

• Effie Mansdorf
    Effie Mansdorf Member Posts: 76 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

Survey would be great to get some data. 

• Shea Nussman
    Shea Nussman Member Posts: 5 Seeker
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

I'll add to this one! How do we promote true partnership with the sales organization without opening the floodgates. Often the "partnership" with sales seems to feel like a one way street.  

• Kathleen Gauder
    Kathleen Gauder Member Posts: 3 Navigator
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

We should talk about mental health - how we cope with burnout, how we recognize it in ourselves and in our colleagues or people who report to us. How can we as a community create a safe space for our entire company to be open and honest about mental health struggles? Though 1 in 2 of us will experience depression in our lifetimes, there is such a stigma surrounding mental illness that no one talks about it. Also, entrepreneurs are much more likely to suffer from mental health challenges and are much more likely to self harm than the general population. 

• Alex Farmer
    Alex Farmer Member Posts: 62 Expert
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment GGR Blogger 2021
    edited June 2020
    Options

Using customer communities to deliver customer success

How are businesses using customer communities to augment/unify CS initiatives.  Ie: how do customers engage with our business in an online platform and connect with other customers?  Has interplay with onboarding, tech-touch, support, training, customer meet-ups, etc.

• Jan Young
    Jan Young Member Posts: 21 Thought Leader
    First Anniversary Photogenic Office Hours Host 2022 GGR Blogger 2022
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hi @Kristi Faltorusso, I missed your webinar-- is there a recording? Or is it the podcast from a couple of weeks ago? I'm new to this forum and just started digging in to the blog and podcast pages...

Thanks!

• Kristi Faltorusso
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

Yes, I actually just posted on LinkedIn today with a link to the Blog and the Webinar recording. 

• Jan Young
    Jan Young Member Posts: 21 Thought Leader
    First Anniversary Photogenic Office Hours Host 2022 GGR Blogger 2022
    edited June 2020
    Options

Great! I'll connect with you there too-- thanks!

• Shaun Porcar
    Shaun Porcar Member, CS Leader Posts: 18 Thought Leader
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Options

Thanks Jeff. I'm humbled since there are so many great ideas here!

• Jack Rasmussen
    Jack Rasmussen Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    edited June 2020
    Options

How about discussing the need for diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and why it is so important especially today. Maybe go over different initiatives that help cultivate a culture of welcomeness. In other words, policies that specifically bring different minds together to form a business that is open-minded and relentless in tackling today's problems through serving customers by truly representing them with a range of employees from all over the world. This echos Shaun's query about staffing and hiring plans. 

• Anita Toth
    Anita Toth Member Posts: 246 Expert
    Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

@Kristi Faltorusso  I see your post on LI but don't see a link to the blog or webinar. Are you able to share it here?

• Dana Gibilaro
    Dana Gibilaro Member Posts: 16 Thought Leader
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

@Jeff Breunsbach Is this a call for all members? And does it get recorded and saved somewhere? Thanks! :)

• Renee Murphy
    Renee Murphy Member Posts: 18 Thought Leader
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Options

Same for me @Kristi Faltorusso 

• Kristi Faltorusso
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

@Jay Mohammed @Anita Toth @Jan Young Here is the link to the blog and your can request the recording. Thanks for your interest.

https://decibel.frame.ai/blog/recap-voc-for-a-customer-first-culture-with-kristi-faltorusso