Session 8 | Success Plans at mature-stage B2B SaaS

Options
Jeff Breunsbach
Jeff Breunsbach Member Posts: 266 Gain Grow Retain Staff
5 Insightfuls Photogenic First Anniversary GGR Blogger 2022

Biggest questions on the mind of the group (I sourced this list at the beginning of the call so we knew where to focus and then we addressed each one):

• Who should get a success plan?
  • Should a success plan always be built in conjunction with the customer?
  • How do you use a success plan when a customer becomes at-risk?
  • How do you operationalize a success plan?
  • How do you handle success plans for different segments?
  • Success planning is easier for new clients, how do you roll it out for existing clients?

Key Takeaways:

• Even the biggest organizations don't have success planning perfectly nailed - seems to be a moving target
  • Using a RACI chart can be incredibly helpful for clarifying who is responsible for what when it comes to executing against the success plan
  • The dominant technology used for success plans by this group was either a document or a spreadsheet - there is not a widely adopted technology
  • The enablement of the team becomes important as they need to understand 'why' the success plan is designed - helps them have better conversations. Don't skip this step, include them in the process!
  • For current clients, make it a priority for the CSM to design a new success plan - create an email that they can leverage to introduce this concept on their next strategic call
  • When scaling down to smaller segments, consider some of the following:
    • How are we collecting the information?
    • Do we update this frequently? Or does this become annual?
    • Do we adjust the content of the Success Plan for different segments?

Shoutout to @Kevin Mitchell Leonor for pitching in first on the discussion!

https://customerimperative.com/success-plans-at-mature-stage-b2b-saas/

Comments

• Kevin Mitchell Leonor
    Kevin Mitchell Leonor Member Posts: 248 Expert
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited May 2020
    Options

Thanks for holding these weekly. Fastest I have learned is through CSLOH and I am learning even more here in this group.