Session 8 | Success Plans at mature-stage B2B SaaS
Biggest questions on the mind of the group (I sourced this list at the beginning of the call so we knew where to focus and then we addressed each one):
- Who should get a success plan?
- Should a success plan always be built in conjunction with the customer?
- How do you use a success plan when a customer becomes at-risk?
- How do you operationalize a success plan?
- How do you handle success plans for different segments?
- Success planning is easier for new clients, how do you roll it out for existing clients?
- Even the biggest organizations don't have success planning perfectly nailed - seems to be a moving target
- Using a RACI chart can be incredibly helpful for clarifying who is responsible for what when it comes to executing against the success plan
- The dominant technology used for success plans by this group was either a document or a spreadsheet - there is not a widely adopted technology
- The enablement of the team becomes important as they need to understand 'why' the success plan is designed - helps them have better conversations. Don't skip this step, include them in the process!
- For current clients, make it a priority for the CSM to design a new success plan - create an email that they can leverage to introduce this concept on their next strategic call
- When scaling down to smaller segments, consider some of the following:
- How are we collecting the information?
- Do we update this frequently? Or does this become annual?
- Do we adjust the content of the Success Plan for different segments?
Shoutout to @Kevin Mitchell Leonor for pitching in first on the discussion!
- All Categories
- 133 GGR Cafe
- 172 CS Conversations
- 960 CS Operations Conversations
- CS Org Conversations
- 205 CS Technology
- 648 Customer Journey
- 274 Digital CS (Engagement Programs)
- 32 Industry Insights
- 90 Metrics & Analytics
- 17 Value Realization
- 191 Strategy & Planning
- 15 Future Customer Success Professionals
- 7 Supporters of Gain Grow Retain
- 1 Gain Supporters
- 2 Higher Logic Vanilla
- 1 Totango
- 2 Grow Supporters
- 2 Catalyst
- 1 ChurnZero
- 4 Retain Supporters
- 1 Northpass
- Interested in Supporting Gain Grow Retain?
- Contact Us
- 18 Welcome to the Community
- 157 Job Board
- 173 Customer Success Leadership Community