Example of a Customer Health Score built in Gainsight

Options
Kristi Faltorusso
Kristi Faltorusso Member Posts: 45 Expert
First Anniversary
edited October 2023 in CS Technology

@Shawn Swofford @Anna Alley @Shari Srebnick I've been asked to share my Health Score framework which I built out in Gainsight so please see attached. I am happy to talk through which of these is manually populated and which are automatically populated using data from different areas. For example Sales Sentiment is driven from a survey that is sent 30 days after a new business deal is closed won and the value of that score only lasts till day 120; impacting the overall score for 60 days. We also have 4 versions of this Score for all of our different segments. I hope this helps and at the very least starts a dialogue.

Comments

• Shari Srebnick
    Shari Srebnick Member Posts: 111 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited May 2020
    Options

This is definitely helpful, Kristi!  Thanks for sharing.  This is something I am currently working on so this visual is helpful.  If I have any questions, I'll let you know.  Thank you!

• Kevin Mitchell Leonor
    Kevin Mitchell Leonor Member Posts: 248 Expert
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited May 2020
    Options

Curious, is there a point in time where onboarding sentiment has a diminishing effect on customer health after a certain amount of time since onboarding completed and does your score reweight at that date?

• Kristi Faltorusso
    Kristi Faltorusso Member Posts: 45 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hi @Kevin Mitchell Leonor - Yes. We only keep certain scores active for a period of time. Sales expires at the 90 day mark and Onboarding at the 6 month mark. Many of our contracts are 3 years long so we felt this timeline was appropriate for us. That may be different at other companies with different timelines. 

• Areya Dargahi
    Areya Dargahi Member Posts: 8 Seeker
    edited May 2020
    Options

@Kristi Faltorusso Do these scores have scales to them at all? In other words, Engagement is 10% of the score. Would that be either 0% or 10%, or is there a scale within where maybe it hits 5%?

• Gabriel Fallas
    Gabriel Fallas Member Posts: 53 Expert
    First Comment
    edited May 2020
    Options

@Kristi Faltorusso  thank you for sharing!

Do you adjust the value of the "Executive Management" score, based on the segment and/or tier that the client is in?

• Tammy Krieger
    Tammy Krieger Member Posts: 13 Contributor
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited May 2020
    Options

@Kristi Faltorusso really like this scorecard. Very smart to have certain scores expire. I have never considered that.

• Anita Toth
    Anita Toth Member Posts: 246 Expert
    Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Tammy Krieger I'd never thought to have them expire either. Makes sense now that I see it but until I saw it, it never crossed my mind. lol