Looking to share experiences of Totango

Options
Russ Drury
Russ Drury Member Posts: 1 Navigator
edited August 2020 in CS Technology
Hi All

Over the last 5 years, I've been an avid user and supporter of CS platforms and in this time have been a user of Gainsight and Totango on multiple occasions.

I've just joined a company where Totango is the tool, and definitely the right choice for the company. I last used Totango about 18 months ago and its great to see how the offering has come along.

I'm looking for any other Totango users out there who would be interested to connect for a Zoom chat, to share experiences and approaches in making the most of Totango. 

I'm based in the UK but can be flexible on timezones for US folks who would like to chat

Russ
Tagged:

Comments

• Matt Myszkowski
    Matt Myszkowski Member Posts: 143 Expert
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi @Russ Drury - I know we just had a private chat but the lady at SAP you really need to connect with is here! @Shelby Czarnota is a superstar and I am sure if you ask her nicely she may let you into her world of SAP & Totango!
  • Shelby Czarnota
    Shelby Czarnota Member Posts: 11 Contributor
    First Anniversary
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thank you @Matt Myszkowski @Russ Drury Let's connect, shoot me an email at shelby.czarnota@sap.com
  • Koral Hull
    Koral Hull Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options
    Hi @Shelby Czarnota. I would love to connect with a Totango user as well. Is this still something you focus on?
  • Brian O'Keeffe
    Brian O'Keeffe Member Posts: 199 Expert
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Comment
    Options
    @Koral Hull I am a year in using Totango and used GS for about five. Happy to share my experience with it. 
  • Koral Hull
    Koral Hull Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options
    Hey @Brian O'Keeffe, thanks for reaching out! We're currently in trial with plans to purchase Q1, really hoping to pick a current user's brain on its usefulness and/or pitfalls. I'd also love to hear your key use case if you're willing to share. Let me know your preferred communication path. Happy to just discuss it here so other users can benefit from the dialogue, or we can move it to email koral.hull@pitchly.com
  • Brian O'Keeffe
    Brian O'Keeffe Member Posts: 199 Expert
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Comment
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @Koral Hull

Happy to share it here:

Pros:

1. Super easy to configure. All drag and drop.
    2. Fairly intuitive and does not require a lot of training to use it. User adoption is not a challenge.
    3. Can get it up and running fairly quickly.
    4. Great response times to all issues. 
    5. I see lots of innovation on the roadmap and clearly they listen to feedback. 

Cons:
    1. I suspect they have gotten very big quickly and there are growing pains. I notice oddities like copying something and it not appearing right away. Thinking I failed, I redo it and then end up with two.
    2. Templated messages that allow for single use of a campaign message are not possible. I believe it is coming but it is what prevents us from rolling it out to all sectors of CS. (I used this all the time in GS. Take an automated message and edit and send it to a single user for a unique issue/one off.) 

I can't think of a lot more but happy to answer any questions!
  • colin-userlot
    colin-userlot Member Posts: 8 Navigator
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Options
    Hey @Russ Drury I'd love to hear any feedback you had on other CSP's just for our own product research.

Could you spare 30min for a zoom?