What's on your whiteboard for the next 30 days?

Options
Jeff Breunsbach
Jeff Breunsbach Member Posts: 266 Gain Grow Retain Staff
5 Insightfuls Photogenic First Anniversary GGR Blogger 2022
I'm quickly coming up with a laundry list of initiatives at Higher Logic as we've been onboarded. 

Here are things I'm going to be working on with some of our team members:
  • Re-imagining the customer journey
  • Launching our VOC initiative --> started with 50 customers in 50 days
I'm curious, what're you currently working on that has to get done over the next 30 days?

Comments

• Steve Bernstein
    Steve Bernstein Member Posts: 133 Expert
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2020
    Options

Hi Jeff – How are you selecting who to contact from the 50 customers – will you be taking a sampling approach of tiers, persona, product mix, relationship strength, etc? And do you already have an interview guide based on the approach that you'd want to share for community input? Generally, we find that requesting brief assessments (experience and outcome perceptions from the right people in the accounts at the right time), you'll get great insight into themes that you'd want to focus on in the interviews. That is, instead of using valuable customer time to try to identify the most important areas to discuss in the interview, could it be helpful for you to have the customer's assessment first, allowing you to identify broad themes around what's working/needs-improvement for a deeper-dive in the interview?

/Steve

-------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 8/31/2020 3:18:00 PM
    Subject: What's on your whiteboard for the next 30 days?

I'm quickly coming up with a laundry list of initiatives at Higher Logic as we've been onboarded. 

Here are things I'm going to be working on with some of our team members:
    • Re-imagining the customer journey
    • Launching our VOC initiative --> started with 50 customers in 50 days
    I'm curious, what're you currently working on that has to get done over the next 30 days?
  • Brian Hartley
    Brian Hartley Member Posts: 185 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Just whitespace.....j/k
    • Procuring and deploying a digital adoption tool
    • Presenting customer journey to leadership team
  • Russell Bourne
    Russell Bourne Member Posts: 61 Expert
    GGR Blogger 2023 GGR Blogger 2021 First Anniversary
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @Jeff Breunsbach, how about 50 teammates in 50 days?

In reality maybe the number is more like 15-20, and you can choose who.  I think it's helpful to get a nice picture of cross-functional leaders' goals, challenges, projects they're about to complete, etc.  The information you get will help inform what's possible while building your customer journey and what you do with customer feedback.
  • Meghan Price
    Meghan Price Member Posts: 7 Seeker
    edited August 2020
    Options
    My big focus is on our onboard process over the next 30 days. We are service based and very high touch, especially in the onboard phase. We are preparing for a huge increase in our typical onboard customers per week starting in two months so I'll mainly be looking to:

-further streamlining process
    -enhance internal team communication (implementing scrum for our small teams)
    -leaning out touch points
  • Markus Siebeneick
    Markus Siebeneick Member Posts: 33 Expert
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @Meghan Price Are you using any particular tooling to help with that high touch onboarding process such as the onboarding plan and milestone tracking?
  • Clint Kelson
    Clint Kelson Member Posts: 8 Seeker
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Fun questions Jeff - I just hit my 30 days in my current role which has bene a bit of understanding our customers base, product, internal teams, etc. Below is on my to due list for next 30 days:

1. Started search today for my first Customer Success Manager to join my team 
    2. Customer calls - jumping into calls introducing myself to learn more about our customers experience post implementation, what's going well, what kind of help/resources they feel like they need as I look to build out our CS org. 
    3. Digging into data to see if I can identify health and activity of current customers. Working to build out a foundation for a health score to start identifying customers at risk based on usage/upcoming renewals. 

Fun times ahead!
  • Wendy Johnson
    Wendy Johnson Member Posts: 11 Contributor
    First Anniversary
    edited September 2020
    Options
    • Differentiated playbooks based on customer segment
    • Understanding CS model of a company acquisition and how best to integrate