Customer facing executive sponsor slides

Options
Jeremy Donaldson
Jeremy Donaldson Member Posts: 71 Expert
Office Hours Host 2022 First Anniversary GGR Blogger 2021
edited September 2020 in Strategy & Planning
Hello!

I have been charged with building out the customer facing executive sponsor program slides for my customer success team. I am trying to avoid reinventing the wheel.

Does anyone have any cool templates they could share with me or the community?

Thank you a bunch!

Comments

• Chris Guzek
    Chris Guzek Member Posts: 19 Thought Leader
    First Anniversary
    edited September 2020
    Options

Jeremy 
    I have some stuff. If you want maybe we can sync up so I can see what I have based on what your specific needs or focus may be.
    Let me know. 

• Jay Nathan
    Jay Nathan Member Posts: 108 Expert
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Anything you guys can post here? This is a program we'll be working on in Q4 as well.
  • Matt Myszkowski
    Matt Myszkowski Member Posts: 143 Expert
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hi @Jay Nathan @Chris Guzek

Hope you are well?

Did anything come from this? It is now something on my radar so started digging around and keen to learn from any experiences.
  • Sara Bochino
    Sara Bochino Member Posts: 21 Thought Leader
    First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hi All, 

I worked on this framework (attached and cleaned) with @Nils Vinje last year. It is for a top tier, high touch, proactive approach to exec sponsor program that could scale downstream if needed. In the attached, there is an example of an email template and ppt slide including positioning to the customer. This helped support the internal roll out as well, ensuring with sales that this was well thought out and would only compliment their relationship within the account. Happy to discuss with anyone or you can listen to my podcast with Nils!

Cheers,
  • Nils Vinje
    Nils Vinje Member Posts: 4 Navigator
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Awesome write-up of your the program that you build on the back of our pdocast conversation @Sara Bochino! Here's the link to our podcast conversation for anyone who wants to listen.
  • Matt Myszkowski
    Matt Myszkowski Member Posts: 143 Expert
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thank you - I may take you up on the offer!
  • Pam Micznik
    Pam Micznik Member Posts: 50 Expert
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thank you @Nils Vinje and @Sara Bochino for this extremely helpful document.

Do you have something similar to help get customer Executive Sponsorship... perhaps that's more of an official Change Management approach.
  • Sara Bochino
    Sara Bochino Member Posts: 21 Thought Leader
    First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hi @Pam Micznik I didn't document it but when I am launching this with the account team and internal exec sponsor the follow-up conversation is how to coach the customer to get us higher in the org. We employ titles like CTO, CRO, SVP to be our exec sponsors so we would like to have their peer or someone higher than our main power user aligned on the customer side. Customers seem to be open to it and even if we get one level higher the conversations naturally grow to higher in the org based on conversation content. We coach our exec sponsors to focus on overall business trends, health, etc, not on the general success of the project. And While they are armed with those details via an exec summary, we find this business alignment gets us deeper. Hope this is helpful!
  • Pam Micznik
    Pam Micznik Member Posts: 50 Expert
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @Sara Bochino... This is great! Do you provide email templates or other guides for how the customer exec should support?
  • Kaz Sahota
    Kaz Sahota Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @Sara Bochino.  It's something I'm looking to roll out in the near future so the attached is extremely useful. Much appreciated!