Besides GGR, where else do you learn more about customer success?

Anita Toth
Anita Toth Member Posts: 246 Expert
Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
edited September 2020 in Industry Insights

Hey GGRers,

I feel so fortunate to have found this community. The generosity and sharing has been amazing. 

I've found GGR to be one of the best places to learn more about customer success. From the podcast to the office hours and -- best of all-- these discussion boards.

I still have a lot to learn. But finding new sources of CS info is time consuming.

So, I thought I'd ask here:

What's your favourite place to go to learn more about cs outside of GGR?

Comments

• Anastasia Magnitskaia
    Anastasia Magnitskaia Member Posts: 18 Thought Leader
    First Anniversary
    edited September 2020

Hi Anita, 
    I found a few:

CS Leadership Slack Channel (feel free to send me your email address and I can invite you)
    CS Leadership group on LInkedIN
    Success Hacker (they have all sorts of resources, @Andrew Marks
    Practical CSM

I also follow a few leaders on LinkedIn that put up great content.

Hope this helps!

Anastasia

• Yanira "Janita" Sesniak
    Yanira "Janita" Sesniak Member Posts: 53 Expert
    edited September 2020

Hi Anita -

Great question. Here are 2 ways to learn more about CS outside of the amazing GGR community:

1. Utilize training programs to level up quickly. Two of my favorite Customer Success Training programs are Gainsight's Pulse Plus and SuccessHACKER's SuccessCOACHING. Pulse Plus gives you access to what is already being accepted as the industry's leading and most widely recognized certification. SuccessCOACHING helps people interested in CS not only know the best practices, but also how to apply them to resolve the real, everyday challenges CS professional face as they work with customers.

2. Read up. My favorite book recommendation to anyone vying for a CSM position is "The Customer Success Professional's Handbook" by Ashvin Vaidyanathan & Ruben Rabago.  After reading this book you'll better understand how your background and current skill set translates to a CSM's day-to-day responsibilities. And if you haven't grabbed a copy of it already you will find SuccessHACKER's eBook "How to Get a Job in CS" helpful as focuses on how to best position your previous experience.
  • Anita Toth
    edited September 2020
    @Anastasia Magnitskaia  These are fantastic! ? I'll reach out to you on LI and we can connect there.  
  • Anita Toth
    edited September 2020
    @Yanira . This is amazing! ? When I posted this question, I didn't even consider courses or books. Thanks for introducing me to some awesome new resources.  ?
  • Matt Myszkowski
    Matt Myszkowski Member Posts: 143 Expert
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited September 2020
    As a massive podcast fan, I listen to a lot of those across topics ranging from Customer Success, SaaS & Leadership. 

Leadership
    At The Table With Patrick Lencioni
    Blanchard Leaderchat
    Business Is Human
    The High Performance Podcast

Customer Success
    Creating CS
    Customer SUccess Leader
    Gainsight Gamechanger
    Value Realised

SaaS
    Helping Sells Radio
    Notion Capital
    Subscribed
    SaaStr

It would also be amiss of me not to plug my own (that I do not do anywhere as near as enough) podcast - CustomerSuccessMatters

Hope that helps!
  • Anita Toth
    edited September 2020
    Thanks so much for this list @Matt Myszkowski. I'm going to check out some of them this weekend. ?
  • Yanira "Janita" Sesniak
    Yanira "Janita" Sesniak Member Posts: 53 Expert
    edited September 2020
    It's my pleasure @Anita Toth. I also reached out on LI to connect :)
  • Ben Winn
    Ben Winn Member Posts: 13 Contributor
    First Anniversary
    edited September 2020
    I'd also recommend The Open Book of Customer Success from @Diana De Jesus:

https://www.notion.so/openbookofcustomersuccess/Open-Book-of-Customer-Success-88cc1574e44b4acfaade90599004df31

And of course the Catalyst community and podcast :)https://catalyst.io/community

• Anita Toth
    edited September 2020
    These are fantastic @Ben Winn. Looking forward to getting into them.
  • Tyler Jewell
    Tyler Jewell Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    edited May 2021
    Janita!

Thank you for posting this reply! Super new here and just starting my journey and transition into Customer Success. I downloaded the "How to Get a Job in Customer Success" E-Book from SuccessCoaching and it was exactly what I needed!

I just finished my last set of interviews and hope to hear back soon, so fingers crossed!

Thanks again.

Tyler
  • Daryl Colborne
    Daryl Colborne Member Posts: 50 Expert
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2021

Hey all,
    Don't forget Open Book of Customer Success. Sweet and simple with some valuable tidbits of information. I personally like the list of tools related to Customer Success

https://www.notion.so/Open-Book-of-Customer-Success-88cc1574e44b4acfaade90599004df31

@Diana De Jesus

Regards,

Daryl

Hey GGRers,

I feel so fortunate to have found this community. The generosity and sharing has been amazing. 

I've found GGR to be one of the best places to learn more about customer success. From the podcast to the office hours and -- best of all-- these discussion boards.

I still have a lot to learn. But finding new sources of CS info is time consuming.

• Brian Hansen
    Brian Hansen Member Posts: 75 Expert
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited May 2021
    I'll be checking some of these out too, Matt, as I also dig podcasts. Another I've enjoyed is "The Jasons Take On".

Here's where I found that one, and a few others I haven't yet checked out. There's so much out there!

https://catalyst.io/blog/customer-success-podcasts

Hey GGRers,

• Cori Pearce
    Cori Pearce Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited May 2021
    There's a handful of Slack Communities out there for CS folks. 
    1. CS in Focus
    2. Customer Success Leadership Network
    3. Future of SaaS
    4. Preflight
    5. Support Driven
    Here is link to an article with more details on each and links to sign up for access- https://churnzero.net/top-5-slack-communities-for-customer-success-professionals/ 
  • Marco Ciccone
    Marco Ciccone Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    edited May 2021
    Hi Anita,

Make sure to check out Planhat's Customer Success podcast (full disclosure, I work for Planhat). We invite Customer Success leaders who share their thoughts on best practices, where the industry is heading, and more. Here are the links:
    Marco
  • Rebecca George
    Rebecca George Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited May 2021
    Thanks for sharing these slack communities, Cori! I will have to check them out.