ChurnZero Best Practices

Jared Orr
Jared Orr Member, CS Leader Posts: 52 Expert
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
edited October 2020 in CS Technology
I have no experience working with CS software and my CS team will be implementing ChurnZero next week! I'm pretty excited to learn about it and optimize our CS efforts. 

This Friday, our team will meet and brainstorm how we want to best use this tool.

Does anyone have any tips or best practices for ChurnZero?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

------------------------------
Jared Orr
Customer Success Leader | Virtual Data Rooms
------------------------------

Jared Orr

Customer Success Whisperer

Comments

• Daniel Harry
    Daniel Harry Member Posts: 4 Navigator
    edited January 2021

Hi Jared, 

How has the implementation gone?

I'm a little over a year into working the hybrid CSM/CZ admin role. Tightening up our plays and segmentation were huge over the previous year and we're just now diving into Journeys as well, but the CS team is truly seeing value in usage reports when doing QBR prep. 

What was the main implementation goal for you and your team?

• Jennifer Griffin
    Jennifer Griffin Member Posts: 3 Seeker
    First Anniversary
    edited January 2021
    Hi Jared,
    We have been using ChurnZero for a little over a year and I'm a big fan:). Biggest thing is to really understand that everything is based on segments, so making sure you really understand how to set these up will help with plays, etc.  Start organizing these segments early (folder infrastructure) to keep up with them all!  The biggest thing I use from an admin/management perspective is their live exports to power my dashboards. There were some stumbling blocks on setting this up, but it's now super smooth.  Happy to sync at some point if you want to look at how we use live exports and some tips/tricks on how to set them up correctly!

Thanks,
    Jen
  • Bri Adams
    Bri Adams Member Posts: 16 Thought Leader
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Hi Jared!

Full disclosure, I'm on the Customer Success team at ChurnZero - so that's the perspective I'm coming from in answering your questions. :) As @Daniel Harry and @Jennifer Griffin mentioned, Segments are definitely the 'building blocks' of ChurnZero, and it's something we will put a pretty constant focus on throughout the implementation process.

I also second Daniel's comment on Plays - the automation is really powerful, and Plays isn't something you'll necessarily want to set and leave -- we'll work together to make sure they are fairly actively audited to make sure the automations in place are always the most effective.

Also upvoting Jen's comment, because at this point, I pretty much turn to her for help with Live Exports, and they are fairly powerful reporting as well!

Bri Adams

Director of Customer Success, Commercial

badams@windfall.com

www.windfall.com

• Ed Braunbeck
    Ed Braunbeck Member Posts: 7 Seeker
    edited January 2021
    One of my goals this year is to become more familiar with the CS platforms like ChurnZero and Gainsight for career growth purposes.

Is anyone willing to walk me through a demo of their implementation? I'm open to other suggestions to increase my knowledge too.

Thanks,
  • Katie Baker
    Katie Baker Member Posts: 9 Seeker
    edited January 2021
    I know Gainsight has free tutorials on their website that would give you some insight into the platform basics. I'd think ChurnZero has something similar. I'm a certified GS Admin, but they have End User courses as well....depending on where your interest lies.
  • Ed Braunbeck
    Ed Braunbeck Member Posts: 7 Seeker
    edited January 2021
    Thanks to @Katie Baker, I discovered the Gainsight University and will continue down that path. In addition, ChurnZero messaged me direct to schedule a demo.