Is anyone using Loom?

Options
Bridget Lamb
Bridget Lamb Member Posts: 17 Thought Leader
First Comment First Anniversary
edited July 2020 in CS Technology

I heard Loom mentioned briefly today on the CS Leadership call. I'm going to check out the free version, but I'd love insights from anyone who uses it with customers.

What do you use it for? 

Do you find that customers like the videos? 

Do you get better response/engagement with customers versus just emails? 

Have you experienced any problems with sharing the video link via email? Everyone is warned not to click links. Our customers are hospitals and their email and firewall policies are super strict. 

Any tips or comments are greatly appreciated!

Tagged:

Comments

• Shari Srebnick
    Shari Srebnick Member Posts: 111 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hi Bridget - 

We use Loom both internally and for our customers and find it really effective.  

*We use it for sending quick videos to customers to share workflows in the software or answering questions they've asked via email that would be better served with an instructional video as opposed to a lengthy email.   We also use it share info internally, especially if we encounter an issue in the product - sending the Product and/or Support team a video with the support ticket can be really helpful to see the issue in real time.

*Customers love the videos.  We have had high click through/watch rates, great feedback, and even better -  they respond to us more often if we send a video.

*We haven't experienced any issues with the links - and we have clients in the cyber security space, hospitals, universities, etc..  A former client was a pharma company and their security policies are super strict and we had no issues there either.

*SDR's also use it for prospecting and have gotten high engagement rates with it.

I think Loom is a great tool and can be used for so many things.  Considering the nature of things today with everything moving and changing so quickly, watching a quick video has been much more effective than email.  It's also less daunting - one link vs 4 paragraphs.  ;)  

Hope this helps!

• Bridget Lamb
    edited July 2020
    Options

Thank you so much, this is great! I forgot to ask what version folks are using: Basic (free), Pro, Business or Enterprise?

• Shari Srebnick
    Shari Srebnick Member Posts: 111 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2020
    Options

We started out using the free version but we purchased a subscription.  Not sure which one, but it was worth the investment.

• Jeff Breunsbach
    Jeff Breunsbach Member Posts: 266 Gain Grow Retain Staff
    5 Insightfuls Photogenic First Anniversary GGR Blogger 2022
    edited July 2020
    Options

I don't have as detailed an answer as @Shari Srebnick - but we've used Loom for our own business (BombBomb is another video service too) and it makes a difference. Tons of great engagement and makes it stand out than just a normal email.  

Some scenarios we've used it for: 

• To send over a proposal
    • To talk through features of Gain Grow Retain community
    • To say congratulations on a promotion

Just a few but I've liked it so far - I think of it as the B2B version of SnapChat. 

• Thomas Seelbinder
    Thomas Seelbinder Member Posts: 22 Thought Leader
    edited July 2020
    Options

Will add that we also use Loom(free version). Have also used Drift Video (free version) as well. 

When a video is sent, whether it's from CS or Business Development (our sales team uses video as well), we still include a summary of what we are discussing in the video in the email. You're absolutely right, it's a best practice not to click links that don't look familiar in emails and many might not watch the video. 

We use Loom and Drift Video for 

• Follow Ups (thank you for your time today, we spoke about XYZ and these are the next actions on MY plate)
    • Meeting Preps (Looking forward to it, we will be discussing XYZ on our call today)
    • Support Questions (walking through the solution) 
    • Feature Releases that are targeted to a partner 
    • Misc Wins (Congratulations on accomplishing XYZ!) 

• Thomas Seelbinder
    Thomas Seelbinder Member Posts: 22 Thought Leader
    edited July 2020
    Options

We are building an integration into BombBomb right now. Super cool company! Love the product as well. 

Glad to see their name pop up there. 

• Matt Myszkowski
    Matt Myszkowski Member Posts: 143 Expert
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2020
    Options

Massive fan of video tech - used Vidyard & Bonjuro in the past, now using Videolicious. All of these have pluses & negatives, but irrelevant of that it has a massive part to play for CSMs. 

As a leader I use it for C-Sat follow up & closing the loop. My CSMs use it for QBR agenda setting & QBR follow ups. Our on-boarding team use it for new customer welcome/intro.

• Kodak Maharaj
    Kodak Maharaj Member Posts: 8 Seeker
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hey Bridget - I have used Loom for the last 1.5 years across two companies and only have great things to say.

I use it for instructional yet personal content to send to customers. The most common use case I have is sending "How-To" clips of product to customers as questions come up. I know sales teams have used them for cold engagement/opportunity engagement and have seen increased success when compared to lack of video tools.

Customers love it! They can react to your clips so I've had several customers leave heart-eye emojis at certain parts of created clips. It also allows the content creator to track engagement. It's easy to embed in emails so the display when it's sent to customers isn't full of links but rather a general thumbnail.

Especially in today's remote climate, Loom has a ton of use cases. Most recently, our team uses it to pass along internal training videos and product updates. Below is one I don't mind sharing so you can see how it comes across.

• Anita Toth
    Anita Toth Member Posts: 246 Expert
    Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Matt Myszkowski I've used Vidyard and Bonjoro too. Never heard of Videolicious. And just heard today about Covideo (Geez--almost wrote COVID by accident). How do you like Videolicious? 

• Matt Myszkowski
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Anita Toth  Being candid, not my favourite. Would prefer Vidyard & Bonjuro over it. Not particularly intuitive, misses key functionality for me. 

• Anita Toth
    Anita Toth Member Posts: 246 Expert
    Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    edited July 2020
    Options

Appreciate the candor @Matt Myszkowski. I'm looking to choose a platform in the next week or so and your input has been super helpful. Right now, leaning toward Bonjoro cause they're still fairly new and have good feature potential.

• Matt Myszkowski
    edited July 2020
    Options

I was working with Bonjoro a few years back and their Head of Sales Amaan Nathoo (https://www.linkedin.com/in/amaannathoo/)  and was very impressed with the company and their product.

• Will Gilmore
    Will Gilmore Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    edited July 2020
    Options

We use Loom with a lot of our customers! From introductions with onboarding/success teams to product walkthroughs.

Recently our CEO used it to apologize to one of our new clients, and they were blown away by the personalization. 

Getting to see a face made the apology real to the client!

(Also being able to easily copy/paste a gif link in an email makes the click rate extremely high for us)

• Elizabeth Amaro
    Elizabeth Amaro Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    edited July 2020
    Options

We use Loom everyday! We send welcome videos for new customers and introducing customers to a new team member. Our clients love them and hear a lot of great feedback that they would prefer to watch a short clip then read an email. In addition we reply to customer's questions with simple responses via video e.g. resetting their password.

We also use to to record our sessions to help our product and engineering team troubleshoot bugs reported. Especially now they we have shifted to working remote, we have found that Loom has bridged the gap on communication with our internal customers (co-workers) and we don't also have to jump on a zoom meeting.

• Bridget Lamb
    edited July 2020
    Options

Thank you everyone for the great feedback about Loom! I appreciate hearing the many ways folks are using it, really great ideas! I'm trying out the free version and made a test video and it's so easy to use. I enjoyed learning about some of the other tools you're using, too!