CAB Ownership?

Amanda Ingraham
Amanda Ingraham Member Posts: 3 Navigator
edited January 2021 in Strategy & Planning
Hi all! I've been tasked with creating a CAB (zero budget/resources aside from the people I can recruit internally) - and I'm wondering where CAB ownership lives in your org. I've always seen CABs owned by Marketing or Product, so building this out from scratch within Success is daunting. 

Advice welcome on what's worked! We will be partnering with Product, but the main ownership will sit in Success. 

~Amanda
Tagged:

Comments

• Andrew Marks
    Andrew Marks Member Posts: 54 Expert
    Office Hours Host 2022 5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2021

Because I hate responding to questions with "it depends", I invite you to our next CS Leadership Roundtable where we are going to be talking about this very subject. This is a free event, we've got an amazing lineup of panelist experts on CAB's and there is a significant chunk of time we spend on Q&A. More info and sign-up can be found at this link.

I look forward to seeing you and hearing from you during the webinar.

Stay safe and healthy!

• Anita Toth
    Anita Toth Member Posts: 246 Expert
    Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    edited January 2021
    Amanda -- @Mike Gospe helps companies develop and run great CABs. He certainly has a lot of experience and valuable insights.
  • Mike Gospe
    Mike Gospe Member Posts: 33 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited January 2021
    Hi Amanda,

I'd be delighted to chat with you. I am a professional CAB strategist and facilitator. Andrew Marks has invited me to participate in his February CS Leadership roundtable which will be focused on CABs. I am one of the panelists. (Anita, thanks for your shout out, as well.)

I created my CAB Resource Center to be a repository of CAB best practices and advice. I invite you to check it out. You'll find lots of articles and videos. Here are a few highlights to get you started:

* The Reinvention of the Customer Advisory Board (Part 1 of a 3 part article)
    * 10 Tips for Driving a Successful Virtual CAB Program

Or, feel free to book a time on my calendar for us to chat. Happy to share more advice and explore how I can assist.

Kind regards,

Mike
    mikeg@kickstartall.com
  • Andrew Marks
    Andrew Marks Member Posts: 54 Expert
    Office Hours Host 2022 5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2021
    Mike Gospe is part of our panel along with Kalina Bryant from Asana and Rebecca Nerad from e2Open.
  • Amanda Ingraham
    Amanda Ingraham Member Posts: 3 Navigator
    edited January 2021
    Thanks everyone! I registered for the webinar (though I haven't received a confirmation email, FYI - I checked spam too and it's not there). I'll check out all those resources, Mike!
  • Matt Myszkowski
    Matt Myszkowski Member Posts: 143 Expert
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited January 2021
    Thanks Andrew - bang on q!

Registered!