Playbooks in Salesforce

Options
Angela Guedes
Angela Guedes Member Posts: 10 Contributor
First Anniversary
edited February 2021 in CS Technology

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here has experience creating playbooks, if possible with alerts, in Salesforce? Tried to find documentation online but without luck. If you can share how you did it or, even better, connect on a call, would highly appreciate!

Thank you.

Comments

• Ashna Patel
    Ashna Patel Member Posts: 13 Contributor
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi Angela, 

Are you referring to possibly creating automated tasks based on the playbook stage (different stages from start to finish)? If so, I believe that will require flow or process building. Not something I have created myself (not so well versed with Flow) but we've tried that in the past at our company. We needed our SF Developer/Admin to help us with it though. 

Not much help here but happy to brainstorm if needed :)
  • Angela Guedes
    Angela Guedes Member Posts: 10 Contributor
    First Anniversary
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Thanks Ashna! I know SF capabilities are almost endless, but do require investment and there is a big learning curve. I'll explore those features you mentioned ��
  • Jeremy Block
    Jeremy Block Member Posts: 3 Navigator
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi Angela,

Would love to understand how your team is actually working in Salesforce to ask for playbooks in this solution.

Could you be up for a 5-10 min chat on this topic?

Best,
    Jeremy

• Anna Alley
    Anna Alley Member Posts: 70 Expert
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I   actually would love to learn more as well! We are implementing Salesforce Lightning, and then plan to add in the CS modules, etc. that Salesforce has available. It would be great to understand how others are taking advantage of this functionality.

Thanks!
  • Chris Rosa
    Chris Rosa Member Posts: 6 Seeker
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Building out the Customer Success Team at Record360 from nothing, we had a few challenges that I was trying to solve with automation in regards to the customer journey.

1. Onboarding - making sure customers were being trained, (kickoff call for high-touch customers) had a 30-day review, and using the platform. We built triggers that emailed the AE and CSM if they were not trained in the first 2 weeks, then had a usage report emailed automatically at 30 days for both teams to see. These emails were triggered from the closed-won date.

2. Ongoing success - 90 day review - for the high-touch segment the CSM receives an email with the usage through the first 90 days and determines if a meeting needs to take place. We have other triggers for account milestones and goals we want to accomplish. 

3. Renewal - at six months prior to the renewal - we have a playbook to engage the customer, look for expansion, and capture the renewal. 

We've also built dashboards to be able to quickly see the customers in each segment and determine which steps need to take place.

First step - think about the steps in the customer journey that you either want to automate directly to the customer or notify your CSM's to take an action

Second step - building and testing in salesforce

Both can be equally complicated if you're doing it yourself, but happy to help if I can

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here has experience creating playbooks, if possible with alerts, in Salesforce? Tried to find documentation online but without luck. If you can share how you did it or, even better, connect on a call, would highly appreciate!

Thank you.