How to Interview for a Customer Success / Experience Leader? (Executive level)
We are actively recruiting for a VP of Customer Success / Experience. The responsibilities for this individual will ultimately be to line manage a Head of Customer Support as well as managing 5 CSMs & managing the End to End customer lifecycle.
What we really want to test is:
1. Their ability to develop and grow a team
2. Identify where there are skill gaps and capacity gaps and hire for those roles
3. Application of Customer Success theory in real life scenarios
Our interview process includes a Role Play where we craft out some real life scenarios based on the context of our business and test the candidates skill sets.
For 1) & 2) I am considering sending over the development plans & skills assessments for the team and asking them to provide feedback on areas of growth to the individuals directly.
I was wondering what you feel might be the best way to test the above particularly number 3) in a role play setting.
Any feedback / guidance would be great!
- All Categories
- 133 GGR Cafe
- 172 CS Conversations
- 960 CS Operations Conversations
- CS Org Conversations
- 205 CS Technology
- 648 Customer Journey
- 274 Digital CS (Engagement Programs)
- 32 Industry Insights
- 90 Metrics & Analytics
- 17 Value Realization
- 191 Strategy & Planning
- 15 Future Customer Success Professionals
- 7 Supporters of Gain Grow Retain
- 1 Gain Supporters
- 2 Higher Logic Vanilla
- 1 Totango
- 2 Grow Supporters
- 2 Catalyst
- 1 ChurnZero
- 4 Retain Supporters
- 1 Northpass
- Interested in Supporting Gain Grow Retain?
- Contact Us
- 18 Welcome to the Community
- 157 Job Board
- 173 Customer Success Leadership Community