Software is to eating the world as Customer Success is to _________ the world?

Options
Jeremy Mulder
Jeremy Mulder Member Posts: 26 Expert
First Anniversary
Hey GGR community - 

Both are growing, reason by analogy with me: 

Software is to eating the world as Customer Success is to _________ the world?

Comments

• Nick Mehta
    Nick Mehta Member Posts: 10 Contributor
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Love this! Funnily enough, the theme of Pulse last 5 years ago was "Customer Success is Eating the World." Maybe we were a bit early with that prognostication.

I do think there is a fitness training analogy in here somewhere. If software is the food to give us energy, Customer Success turns that energy into muscle!
  • Carl Hoffmann
    Carl Hoffmann Member Posts: 16 Thought Leader
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2021
    Options
    How about "Customer Success is to Enabling the world"

Externally, CS enables customers to get the best out of products and services.
    Internally, a strong company-wide CS program enables companies to have the right tools and people in place to lead their customers to success.
  • Jeremy Mulder
    Jeremy Mulder Member Posts: 26 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Love it @Nick Mehta.  You've known for a while: The CS future is here, it's just not evenly distributed. 

I like the mapping to fitness and muscle.

Additional $.02: Eating just seems the wrong metaphor. Seems too transactional for CS. I have a relationship with the things I eat, but it's not very long term:-) An amoeba may eat something, but when the conditions are right, it also may combine with it to make a multicellular organism. One of those conditions: if doing so would increase long term survival.  That said, CS is amoeba-ing the world is certainly not the answer;-)

GGR community - other thoughts?