Tools companies use for email drips and videos/voice-overs

Options
Ty Jesinoski
Ty Jesinoski Member Posts: 4 Navigator
edited April 2021 in CS Technology
Hey GGR Team, 

My team/company could use some ideas for better platforms for a few common tasks we perform. 
  1. Email campaigns/drip platform that ensures high deliverability and has data analytics. The current platform we use isn't great and we have reason to believe the email deliverability is poor. Thinking something that has seen success with CS teams, not just sales, or some combination of the two. 
  2. Video/screenshare voice-over platforms that are easy to create, manage and implement into customer partner outreach. This would be used for quick tutorials, how-tos, reviewing partner data, etc.
Thanks for the help in advance!

Ty Jesinoski
tjesinoski@kipsu.com

Comments

• Daryl Colborne
    Daryl Colborne Member Posts: 50 Expert
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hey Ty,
    For #1, I believe our Marketing Team uses Marketo and they seem to like it. Not sure if this will help, but for #2, I love using Drift to connect with the customer, show them something briefly, etc.  Otherwise, I'll use Camtasia to record and screen share something that needs to be more formalized and repeatable.

Regards,

Daryl

• Laura Beavin-Yates
    Laura Beavin-Yates Member Posts: 5 Seeker
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Our team has been using a free service called Loom for video guide creation. It's nice because it's a plugin that exists in your browser and you can easily start the recording for walkthroughs / overviews. I also like that it captures a video of you speaking and places it in a small circle in the lower left of the video. The downside is the videos can only be 5 min long; however, with shortening attention spans, you're wise to keep the clips short anyway! :)
  • Ty Jesinoski
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi Daryl, 

This is great. Thanks for the suggestions. Will definitely check them out.

Ty

Daryl

• Ty Jesinoski
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Thanks, Laura! I'll add it to the list of tools to check out. 

Ty Jesinoski - Customer Success | Kipsu | We Build Relationships. 

Our experienced customer success team is standing by to help. Please call/text +1 612 503 4000 or email support@kipsu.com.
  • Tiago Mota
    Tiago Mota Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Ty ? At Chameleon we're using Customer.io for #1 and Loom for #2 (as an alternative, you can also look into Sendspark) -- working really good for us and I personally love both tools.
  • Shari Srebnick
    Shari Srebnick Member Posts: 111 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi Ty,

We use LOOM as well for the videos and have received great feedback from customers when we use those.  We've also used it to create short training videos for internal use.  Our team put together quick workflow videos for our AE's that helped them when in a demo with a prospect.
  • Erika Villarreal
    Erika Villarreal Member Posts: 41 Expert
    5 Likes Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hello Ty!!

Great questions. I've been using Loom, as I find it easy to record and share. One cool thing is you have free version of 5 min short videos. I did upgrade, some of my videos require more than 5 minutes to show the customer around. I like the experience so far. The team has also used Vidyard in the past, I believe their paid version has analytics you can track. Loom for me has been working great, but I have not deep-dived yet on all it can do.

Happy to show you around Loom if this would interest you.
    Best,
    Erika
  • Brian Hansen
    Brian Hansen Member Posts: 75 Expert
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I'd like to check Loom out as well. Our sales team has used it for video introductions to prospects. I second Camtesia for screen capture/voice over videos, too.
  • Ty Jesinoski
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Apparently, Loom is where it's at! Thanks, y'all. 

Ty Jesinoski - Customer Success | Kipsu | We Build Relationships. 

Our experienced customer success team is standing by to help. Please call/text +1 612 503 4000 or email support@kipsu.com.
  • Ashton Liu
    Ashton Liu Member Posts: 29 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2021
    Options
    While this isn't necessarily answering your question, I would also recommend to ensure good audio by investing in a decent microphone. Most people can forgive lower quality video, but if the audio is unclear, then this completely ruins the viewer's experience. Having listened to both professionally produced podcasts and poorly produced ones, I can certainly attest to this.
  • Jonathan Bolton
    Jonathan Bolton Member Posts: 3 Navigator
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi @Ty Jesinoski,

I've learned quite a bit on this over the years and have a few thoughts for you based on my experience in the video below:

Obviously a bit of BIAS ALERT here as the CCO of BombBomb, but if you're interested in discussing video strategy for CS, I lead the team that has sent more video for Customer Success than anyone else on the planet. More than willing to share what we've learned through that experience!

- JB

1. Email campaigns/drip platform that ensures high deliverability and has data analytics. The current platform we use isn't great and we have reason to believe the email deliverability is poor. Thinking something that has seen success with CS teams, not just sales, or some combination of the two. 
    2. Video/screenshare voice-over platforms that are easy to create, manage and implement into customer partner outreach. This would be used for quick tutorials, how-tos, reviewing partner data, etc.
    Thanks for the help in advance!

Ty Jesinoski
    tjesinoski@kipsu.com
  • Dana Gibilaro
    Dana Gibilaro Member Posts: 16 Thought Leader
    First Anniversary
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi Ty! 

We use Sales Loft for our sales and CS email cadences and Vidyard to create easy how-to videos that share your screen and also your face for personalization. There is a free version you can try out also! 

Hope this helps, 
    Dana