CS Team & Sales Training? Value Selling Framework rollout

Brennan Hickey
Brennan Hickey Member Posts: 4 Navigator
First Anniversary Photogenic
edited April 2021 in Strategy & Planning
Hi GGR Community -

Our company is getting ready to implement a new sales methodology, ValueSelling Framework, to our AE's and curious if anyone has had experience implementing this or other sales methodology's to their CS teams.  The CS team will be going through the same training as our AE's, but with slight variations in roleplay/scenarios to fit the CS role.

My approach in this education been focused on the following benefits for the CS team:
  • Improve CS teams ability to identify pain
  • Improve CS teams ability to navigate the renewal process
  • Improve CS teams ability to speak to value over features

Tagged:

Comments

• Saad Khan
    Saad Khan Member Posts: 10 Contributor
    First Anniversary
    edited April 2021
    Hi Brennan,

I went through ValuseSelling with Scott Anschuetz years ago as a SE. It isa great program and you CSM's will benefit from it. I use the client facing, strategic questioning portion of it to train the CSMs and TAMs how to have strategic discussions with their customers. There is a lot that can be leveraged for the CSMs.

Regards

Saad
  • Srikrishnan Ganesan
    Srikrishnan Ganesan Member Posts: 26 Expert
    edited April 2021

I know a team that did this - not sure if it's ok to share in public, so will DM you.

Thanks,

Sri

-----

Srikrishnan Ganesan
    Co-Founder, Rocketlane

• Nicholas Ciambrello
    Nicholas Ciambrello Member Posts: 27 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited April 2021
    Havent gone through this specific training but we are making a similar transition ourselves. Its tough to break old habits the important thing that I learned from going through a few of these is the reinforcement aspect. You need to be able to take these princliples and mold them into a story that makes sense for your team and use that to coach them. For me I took the trainings and made them into workbooks for my team that allowed us to take those princliple and frameworks and put them into a document that explained how it applied to our instance then coached to that every week. Its made a ton of progress vs us just sending them through a training and ending it there
  • Aaron Thompson
    Aaron Thompson Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    edited April 2021
    Hi There - Please check out our Outcome Based Selling bootcamps for a CSM specific sales and growth methodology that we teach to individuals and teams alike!

Best,

Aaron

--

photo

image image image

Aaron Thompson
    Chief Revenue Officer

(503) 901- 6362 

www.successhacker.com 
    aaron@successhacker.com

• Improve CS teams ability to identify pain
    • Improve CS teams ability to navigate the renewal process