NPS Email Response Templates (promotor/detractor)

Options
Kimberly Bara
Kimberly Bara Member Posts: 5 Seeker
edited May 2021 in Metrics & Analytics
I'm working on a project which involves email follow-up to NPS surveys.  We would want to develop versions for Promotor or Detractor.  Does anyone have templates they would be willing to share as a jumping-off point?

Thanks!

Comments

• Bri Adams
    Bri Adams Member Posts: 16 Thought Leader
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi Kimberly - I'd be happy to!

At ChurnZero, we are pretty firm believers that if you are tracking a piece of data, it's your duty to make that data actionable, so below are examples of our templates for NPS follow up. We are also fortunate that we use our own software (ChurnZero) to both send NPS and follow up with NPS, so it's absolutely effortless for us. It also allows us to use merge fields (like contact first name or even NPS values/comments) in the body of the email, so we take full advantage of that personalization, as well.

We also have the opportunity to review the template before it gets officially sent, so if our customer mentioned something in their comment, we can modify the template as needed. Or if they mentioned an issue, we can reassign the sender to someone more appropriate. 

Promoter (9-10) Objective = obtain a review/testimonial.   Step 1 in our playbook sends an email from the owner of the account (CSM) and the second is a follow up in 1-2 weeks sent from Marketing asking for a review or testimonial:
    1. Hi <contact first name> -
    2. I saw that you recently completed our NPS® survey and responded that you would recommend ChurnZero - you made my day! I just wanted to take the opportunity to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    3. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do here at ChurnZero and I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. And of course, I am very pleased that you feel so positively about ChurnZero!
    4. As always, if there is anything I can do for you and/or your team, please let me know.
    5. Thank you again!

Passive
    (7-8) Objective = Turn our passive into a promoter! Single step is an email from owner (CSM):
    1. Hi <contact first name>,
    2. I saw that you recently completed our NPS® survey - thank you so much for your response, I appreciate you taking the time to share.
    3. I have one follow-up question that I am hoping you would be willing to answer: If there was one thing that I and/or ChurnZero could do to earn your recommendation in the future, what would that be?
    4. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do here at ChurnZero and we take all feedback very seriously. Thank you in advance for your thoughts!
    5. Best,

Detractor
    (mild 3-6) Objective = Get as much feedback from customer as possible so we can improve their experience (and the experience of others in their position). Single-step Play, but encourages follow up by CSM if no reply:
    2. I saw that you recently completed our NPS® survey - thank you for your response. I am certainly disappointed that we haven't earned your recommendation, though I do appreciate your honesty.
    3. We are always striving to meet the needs of our customers and I welcome any and all feedback on our product and services. What is your #1 biggest problem that I and/or ChurnZero is not addressing today?
    4. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
    5. Best,

Detractor
    (super 1-2) Objective = Thank our customer for their transparency and take the opportunity to learn as much as possible about their experience. Detractors are the best customers, because instead of sitting in silence with their negative experience, they are giving you the opportunity to turn it around, and we are extremely grateful for these opportunities. 
    2. I saw that you recently completed our NPS® survey, thank you for your response. I am grateful that you took the time to share your thoughts -- I'm very disappointed to hear that we have so severely missed the mark on earning your recommendation. 
    3. I am hoping you are willing to continue your honesty and will tell me what is your #1 biggest problem that I and/or ChurnZero is not addressing today? 
    4. We are always striving to meet the needs of our customers and I welcome any and all feedback on our product and services. Thank you in advance.
    5. Best,
    Kimberly - if you have any questions or thoughts, send them my way! Good luck with your NPS campaigns!
    Bri

Bri Adams

Director of Customer Success, Commercial

badams@windfall.com

www.windfall.com

• Kimberly Bara
    Kimberly Bara Member Posts: 5 Seeker
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Bri;

Thank you so much.  This is exactly the starting point I needed!

Once again, GGR community to the rescue :)