Training Courses to improve Call & Meeting technique

Options
Sophie Quinn
Sophie Quinn Member, CS Leader Posts: 22 Thought Leader
Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

Good Morning everyone!

I am wanting my team to focus on the way they hold their calls & meetings as a CSM. I have a few team members who have an awesome approachable personality, but as soon as they get on a call they are very 'professional'. When I give them feedback they tend to struggle to find the line of a personable approach without becoming 'unprofessional'. The main goal is to improve their skills so they are engaging and create a good relationship with their client.

Does anyone have any great resources or training videos that can help build these skills for either me to train them better or give them better cues, or for my team members?

Comments

• Adam Kroeger
    Adam Kroeger Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Sophie, I have the same problem and need a similar solution so I'm really hoping someone has insight. Thanks for posting!

• Robert OGorman
    Robert OGorman Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

We are also wanting to adopt similar training for our team - we have a disconnect between CSMs at the moment in their approach to meetings. Following along to learn more. Thanks for posting, Sophie!

• Shari Srebnick
    Shari Srebnick Member Posts: 111 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

Hi Sophie! A great potential resource here is @Bob London . He's fantastic and has great tools to help folks learn to ask better questions that lead to better - and more impactful - conversations. At my last job, I had him come and speak with my team on this very topic and they all walked away with actionable items that they were able to implement right away. The overall feedback was they felt it was valuable and more importantly, the quality of their conversations improved. I'd definitely reach out!

• Bob London
    Bob London Member Posts: 54 Expert
    5 Insightfuls Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

@Shari Srebnick, thanks for the mention and kind words!

@Sophie Quinn, @Adam Kroeger and @Robert OGorman - happy to provide more info as needed, including "freesources." Always looking to help the CS community.

• Chad Horenfeldt
    Chad Horenfeldt Member Posts: 57 Expert
    Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    Options

I would second @Bob London. I've been very impressed with his materials and have leveraged his approach in my own customer conversations.

• Ty Raia
    Ty Raia Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    Office Hours Host 2022 First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

I'm late to the game here, but I would also recommend @Bob London. He was instrumental in helping me improve my communication, get more strategic.

• Bob London
    Options

Thanks so much @Chad Horenfeldt and @Ty Raia. Right back at you and Shari, as I've learned so much from each of you.

• Sophie Quinn
    Sophie Quinn Member, CS Leader Posts: 22 Thought Leader
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

That's great, thank you for all of your recommendations I really appreciate it. @Bob London I'd love to learn more. I'll reach out on LinkedIn - let me know if you have a more preferred contact point.

• Bob London
    Options

@Sophie Quinn, I replied to your LinkedIn message but you can also reach me at bob@chieflisteningofficers.com.

@Adam Kroeger and @Robert OGorman - same for you both!

- Bob