Blog - Churn Part 4 - What are your customers really thinking?
In part 4 of a 5 part series on churn, Anita Toth takes time to look at how to utilize data from 3 different levels can help increase retention.
- Surface Level - often single answer survey style
- Medium - multi-level, often with open-ended questions
- Deep - allows customers to provide greater detail and context to answers
The data you like have invested in tend to fall into the first 2 categories of data, while deep data, the 3rd level, can be more difficult to pin down and collect. Yet this is where a lot of the nuances that cannot be captured in the first two levels, adding a layer to your understanding of customers.
Deep data is collected by talking directly to your customers through focus groups and interviews. This tends to take more time and effort, but the results are worth it.
Once you have finished reading the blog post from Anita, take a moment to respond to the following:
- Are you taking the time to connect with your customers using interviews and focus groups?
- How does the data you currently utilize either support or not support a strong knowledge about your customer needs/wants?
- Which of the three levels of data could be improved at your org?
Leave a Comment
- All Categories
- 132 GGR Cafe
- 172 CS Conversations
- 960 CS Operations Conversations
- CS Org Conversations
- 205 CS Technology
- 648 Customer Journey
- 274 Digital CS (Engagement Programs)
- 32 Industry Insights
- 90 Metrics & Analytics
- 17 Value Realization
- 191 Strategy & Planning
- 15 Future Customer Success Professionals
- 7 Supporters of Gain Grow Retain
- 1 Gain Supporters
- 2 Higher Logic Vanilla
- 1 Totango
- 2 Grow Supporters
- 2 Catalyst
- 1 ChurnZero
- 4 Retain Supporters
- 1 Northpass
- Interested in Supporting Gain Grow Retain?
- Contact Us
- 17 Welcome to the Community
- 157 Job Board
- 173 Customer Success Leadership Community