CS Platform for early stage startup

Options
SYoung
SYoung Member Posts: 14 Navigator
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
Hi GGR Community!

We are an early stage startup and need to implement a CS Platform that is very user friendly, not difficult to integrate, integrates with Hubspot and cost effective. I have used Gainsight in the past and would love to use it again, but don't have the budget or the time. Would love to hear everyone's POV.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Mikael Blaisdell
    Mikael Blaisdell Member Posts: 8 Navigator
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Options
    There is a complete list maintained on the CustomerSuccessTechMap com page.  There are currently 24 CSPs listed, and another couple of stealth firms coming.

• Ross Reitman
    Ross Reitman Member Posts: 14 Thought Leader
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Options
    I have had success with ClientSuccess and Planhat. Totango is another that was a finalist at my last company.
  • Ben Francis
    Ben Francis Member Posts: 5 Navigator
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options
    We spun up Vitally as our CS tool. A fraction of the cost in the first year as compared to ChurnZero and Gainsight.
  • SYoung
    Options
    Thanks all, very helpful. Anyone have anything to say about SmartKarrot? Also, any comments around hubspot integration?
  • SYoung
    Options
    And @Ross Reitman what was the adoption like internally for Planhat? Wondering about ease of use?
  • SYoung
    Options
    @Ben Francis Can you tell me how Vitally is going? I just had a demo and was impressed by the intuitiveness of the platform.

• Ross Reitman
    Ross Reitman Member Posts: 14 Thought Leader
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Options
    @SYoung - it was launched after I was laid off. The team members I still talk to tell me how much they are finding it to be helpful.
  • SYoung
    Options
    Thanks @Ross Reitman. Very much appreciate the help. And happy to intro you to anyone I can if you are still looking. Let me know!
  • NaomiAiken
    NaomiAiken Member Posts: 8 Navigator
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited June 2023
    Options

Agreed with the lower-cost CSP options listed above. But also consider the fact that a CSP is only as good as the data you put into it, and the time you take to configure and maintain it. If you don't have the budget for Gainsight or ChurnZero, then consider a lower-cost CSP (list above) but ALSO recommend hiring a fractional CSP admin to help you implement it. Otherwise, you risk it sitting there gathering dust.

Naomi

• Brian O'Keeffe
    Brian O'Keeffe Member Posts: 199 Expert
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Comment
    Options

I see many who see (or are sold?) software as a magical solution. Without good data and defined business processes (workflow, ownership etc...) success is elusive.